WISP operation mode with WP2 Enterprise (username & password)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-23 23:46:36
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.17 v0001.0 Build 200903 Rel.58674n

Hello o/

I need to connect my router to another WiFI signal thar has internet in order to have my own router with internet and own DHCP for my own local network.
TL-WR841N offers the WISP operation mode, which i've tested and works fine with another network signal with no encryption. The thing is that the particular wifi signal i want to connect used WPA2 Enterprise, at least that's what i think, because it requires a username and password. On client settings, this router is not allowing me to choose WPA2 Enterprise so that i can use the username and password.

Is there any way to bypass this? Any other model that supports all of this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WISP operation mode with WP2 Enterprise (username & password)
2022-03-24 06:54:18

@TheOneID 

As per your description, it seems the WiFI signal is some kind of portal WiFi? If that is the case, I guess the WR841N doesn't support it as of now, nor do other models. But we do receive similar feedback before, we will record and bright this to the related team for evaluation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 1

Related Articles