Deco X90 Homeshield Blocked Websites having limit of 10 or so before it become broken (not blocking)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X90 Homeshield Blocked Websites having limit of 10 or so before it become broken (not blocking)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-08 17:59:13
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210722 Rel. 65801

The "Blocked Websites" features  seems to have a limit on the number of host names. It is broken (no longer blocking or randomly decide to block) when there are around 9 or 10 or above.

(I can't get the actual number as sometimes it behaves randomly - blocked, or sometimes not).

How can I block more host names?  Or this is the limit.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X90 Homeshield Blocked Websites having limit of 10 or so before it become broken (not blocking)
2022-04-18 09:02:55

@voidptr0 

Applying the same trick from other posts, i.e.

www.youtube.com / youtube.com / youtube   thus far able to block. (still need more tests).

But that quickly hit the maximum limit of 32 entries. 32 for real?    Why 32 when the router is many-cores and many GB of memory? This is not 1980s right?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles