Cannot communicate between hosts when VLAN tagging is enabled on WA801ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot communicate between hosts when VLAN tagging is enabled on WA801ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Cannot communicate between hosts when VLAN tagging is enabled on WA801ND
2022-05-03 07:27:36

I am not familiar with that switch or AP, but my only suggestion is to start small and move up incrementally. Get LAN working, then add a single VLAN and get tagged traffic to work. I'd dedicate a trunk port and use all tagged traffic and, if possible, keep the LAN port separate from VLAN. Also avoid VLAN 1 as that is usually default or management and would be a common attack vector for someone.

Not super helpful here, but baby steps is how to gain understanding. I recently implemented VLAN and it took a bit to get there since terminology changes (trunk means different things between Cisco, HP, etc.) and it can be hard to interpret online advice. Once it works it's great!

Options
Re:Cannot communicate between hosts when VLAN tagging is enabled on WA801ND
2022-05-03 09:08:02

@StanGilbertland 

Hi Stan,

I'm not sure if you're karma farming (or just stealing other peoples answers) but you've very lazily lifted this answer (almost verbatim) from a thread on reddit. 

Heres your answer:

Heres where you stole it from:

(thats my thread on reddit, by the way)

Options