MR600 Internet Help Please!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-14 21:13:34
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, looking for some help please.

We moved to a rural area with poor broadband speed. I opted for a 4g router system. We have a TPLINK MR600 with an external antenna, running on EE. I set this up in October 2021 and we have been running perfect with consistent speed of around 40mb. 

This week the connection has become really temperamental with the speed keep dropping to 2mb and sometimes going back up. If I reboot the router that sometimes helps. If I speed test it might show a download speed of 25mb but the connection is still slow?? 

I have checked all connections and running on the last way firmware. 

Does anyone have any ideas that could help? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR600 Internet Help Please!!
2022-04-18 05:50:12

@Kyle787 

Hi,

Please check the network type and signal strength on Advanced->Status page, if it works on WCDMA which is 3G network, please go to Advanced->Network->Internet page to change the Network Mode from 4G Preferred to 4G only to see if it will work on 4G.

Besides, what is the hardware and firmware version of your MR600? for comparison, you could also insert the same SIM card into another 4G device to see if it has similar issue.

You mentioned external antennas, do you mean you are not using the original antennas? please make sure the LTE frequency range of the replacement antennas match with the MR600.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 1

Related Articles