RE300 extend through wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-16 08:19:51 - last edited 2022-04-18 03:45:14
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I want to extend my network, but I have a really thick wall in the house, so the signal is really weak on the other side. So I have a cable between both places.
On one side I have Archer C6 and on the other side I want to put RE300 and connect them with cable.
This way I assume the RE300 should be in AP mode.

My main question is with this configuration if I configure the two wifi networks to have the same settings, is it going to be a one mesh network with all the benefits of switching to the better AP?

If it's not, is there a way I can do this?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE300 extend through wire
2022-04-18 03:53:15

Hello @Lachezar  Thank you for reaching out to us. 

RE300 does not come with an Ethernet port, so we can't configure it into Access Point mode, some  RE models with Ethernet port has this feature for more details, refer to thread here:   How to connect TP-Link Wi-fi Extender to Router with Ethernet Cable (Access Point Mode)

For your request/ inquiry, we are collecting feedback for OneMesh Ethernet backhaul feature, here is feature request thread for it: 

[Feature request] Range Extender OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 1

Related Articles