New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
106 Reply
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2023-04-19 02:48:14

@PJoter Hi, As we confirmed earlier, Deco X60 is not the problem. You could follow up on this post:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/samsung-galaxy-a53-can-t-connect-to-mesh-wifi-tp-link-deco-x60/td-p/5984388/page/3.

Some users mentioned Samsung support has replaced it with a new mainboard and some IC.  Now, the connection becomes stable.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2023-05-17 11:02:35

Hi  @David-TP  , will the new Samsung 54 have the same issue as A53 connecting to X60 and X20?

Options
2023-05-18 08:12:27 - last edited 2023-05-18 08:15:09

@SaltySeaDog 

Hi, there hasn't been similar feedback on the Samsung A54 with Deco. I think if Samsung has fixed this issue on the A53, The new version A54 should not have this anymore.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-26 21:42:06

@David-TP 

So I sent the phone in to service, and they replaced the motherboard. But it did not solve the issue. 

Options
2023-07-06 12:46:01

My motherboard was replaced, which partly solved the problem.

The connection was more stable than before, especially after my phone established a connection to the closest mesh node. But not stable enough.

What became more clear after replacing the motherboard was that the phone seemed to have problems choosing which node to connect to. It was going back and forth between the main node (which is further away from the phone) and the satellite node (which is closer).

So in the Deco app, there is an option to disable Mesh technology for individual devices. I disabled this feature for my phone, and the connection is now much more stable, although not perfectly stable.

I might consider blacklisting the main node in my phone, to see if this also makes it easier for the phone to decide which node to connect to, and then stay with that choice.

Options
2023-12-18 16:29:53

I replaced my Deco M4 with Deco X60 over the weekend and have the same issue with A53 disconnecting from WiFi.

• Deco hardware v3.20, firmware 1.2.4. Main node downstairs and 2nd node upstairs. 
  • Phone A53 5G, software Android 14 / One UI 6.0 (latest version available with November 2023 security patches).

I noticed if I'm downstairs the A53 has no issues (connected to main unit at 5 GHz). If I go upstairs the WiFi connection keeps dropping out, as presumably the phone is trying to connect to the 2nd node.

Workaround:

In the Deco app I set the node preference to my main Deco and restarted WiFi on the phone. This resulted in stable connection when going upstairs - the A53 would stay connected to my main Deco but at 2.4 GHz.

I then changed the node preference back to auto, set WiFi band to 2.4 GHz, and restarted WiFi on the phone. Now my phone is stable and can roam between both Deco's at 2.4 GHz.

Looks like the issue is when roaming on 5 GHz frequency, possibly when roaming to a secondary node.

I may try to switch my main nodes between the 2, and test for disconnects when going downstairs. Will post back if I test this.

Options