New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping

106 Reply
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2022-05-08 06:39:31 - last edited 2022-05-08 20:26:07

@Hotspot-Larry 

A53 works perfectly fine on the Deco M5 Mesh. Turned on Guest Network, left Mesh on and ran only a 5 GHz network. Walked around the house to force the switch over between decos and it worked fine. I confirmed what deco the phones were on via the app. They have beam and fast roaming on too.

What's the difference between the X20/X60 vs M5?

Options
Re:New Samsung A53 can't connect stable to Wifi on Deco X60, connection keeps dropping
2022-05-10 07:04:16

@EJvalo I encountered the same issue with my new Samsung A53 and Deco X60 where the Wifi is constantly dropped and disconnected, and it will reconnect after few second, again and again. I tried everything suggested online, (1) forget wifi, (2) reset internet setting, (3) factory reset for my A53, (4) reset the X60 and installed the newest firmware. 

At first, I thought it was the Samsung A53 that has the malfunction, however, when I connect to other wifi, it is completely fine with stable connection. All my other devices can work without any problems. Therefore, it must be the a problem between the Samsung A53 and the Deco X60.

I am currently switching to an old Huawei router at the moment until they can fix it on the X60. Please do fix it as soon as possible cause I paid good money on it. Thank you.

Options
2022-05-10 10:07:56

@Hotspot-Larry Hi, I see the senior engineer is trying to reproduce the same issue and it would help if you could update the email with him as well.

As for the difference between Deco X20/60 and M5, the chipset would be different since Deco X20/60 are Wi-Fi 6 and M5 is Wi-Fi 5.

Jeff12 Thank you very much for your feedback.

So far, Samsung A53 might not work well with Mesh network and whether it is restricted to Deco is unconfirmed.

Could you please also help me run the following test and let me know the result:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/548648?replyId=1095430

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-10 13:56:51

@EJvalo Hi everyone, good news, i found a compromised solution. 

So here it is, go to your Deco app, go to wifi, and on the main network, disable 2.4 GHz and only enable the 5 GHz.

And on your guest network, enable the 2.4 GHz and disable the 5 GHz.

You should be able to get a stable connection when you connect to the 2.4 GHz network connection. I know it is not the homerun (speed) we wish for but at least we get the stable connection.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Options
2022-05-10 13:58:39

@Jeff12 btw, the company should really look into this problem as a53 is getting more popular and we purchase the item with the expectation that we use all its perks and functions. 

Options
2022-05-10 18:16:57

@Jeff12 

Thnx for all the efforts, I will certainly try this (temporary) solution, but over all I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only one with this particular problem. I've run all the other suggested tests and options, but none was a real solution unfortunately, so for now I'm still on my own private network via my old router.

I really hope this problem will be solved in a firmware update, so that I can use my network the way it is supposed to be.

Options
2022-05-20 19:18:41

@David-TP 

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned by others here. Endlessly waiting for installation, and continuous loss of connection.
At work (also a Mesh network) no problems at all. So it really looks like Samsung A53 and TP-Link Deco X60 aren't best friends.
I hope there will be a solution soon, because this is a bit frustrating, especially with a new phone.
And workarounds like mentioned, aren't real solutions.
Latest/last firmware is of march 2021, so time for a new update I'd say.

In any case, it's nice to be able to read what the problem seems to be here. So let's hope for a quick and definitive solution.

Options
2022-06-10 21:18:27

@EJvalo Having exact same issue with a Samsung A53 5G. Been driving me mad. Will connect but at low bps. Will drop out and have to keep logging back in with password. Have tried resetting phone and trying to complete setup process again but still will not connect. All latest updates installed. It was only when I found this thread that I can see there is a definate issue with the A53 connecting to Deco. I hope at some point this will be resolved because very frustrating

Options
2022-06-19 12:01:43 - last edited 2022-06-19 12:05:48

Same problem with my new Samsung a53. No stable Wifi connection on the Deco x60 5 Ghz. When I set my Deco x60 only on 2,4 Ghz it all works fine. When I set my Deco x60 on either both 2.4 & 5 Ghz or on 5 Ghz only in doesnt work. Sansung A72 and OnePlus Nord works fine on all settings. So must be the combination of the Samsung a53 & Deco x60

Options
2022-06-21 06:39:20

@PJoter 

Hi, Till now, the issue has not been located yet.

Could you please refer to turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for Samsung A53 first?

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you have got an email from me.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options