Printer cannot get IP address, connecting to X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 18:09:59
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a printer (Xprinter XP-K200), connect to the wifi network which is served by some deco X60.

The IP is set as static from printer side (no DHCP mode), and it appear as online device in deco network. But the IP address is shown as UNKNOWN, then I cannot access the printer from network.

Anyone knows this problem and can advise? Thanks a lot.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Printer cannot get IP address, connecting to X60
2022-04-30 21:00:42 - last edited 2022-04-30 21:01:05

@Chubby-Chocobo 

I see at least one, but possibly two issues with that configuration, which could prevent computers on your network from using that printer.

You will need to change IP address on printer to dynamic, this will make it visible on the network and in the Deco app. After that, you can make printer IP address persistent with IP address reservation (DHCP reservation) on your router if you run Deco in Access Point mode. If you run Deco mesh in Router mode, this is done in Deco app.

For another issue, I need to know if you run your Deco mesh in Router mode or in Access Point mode. If you run it in AP mode, please check in Deco app at the bottom of WiFi Setting screen if "Isolated From Main Network" set to ON or OFF. There is no such toggle for Deco mesh running in Router mode.

Options
2022-04-30 23:46:40

@Alexandre. Thanks for your help. But unfortunately there's no dynamic IP mode in this printer :(. Do it not work with static IP?

I'm running AP mode, and all devices need to connect to printer are in the same guest network. I've turned off the isolate network option as well, but I guess the printer still needs to get an IP address first..

Options
2022-04-30 23:58:44

@Chubby-Chocobo 

This is the first for me to learn there is network printer which doesn't have dynamic IP address allocation.

1. Does this printer have Ethernet connection? If it does, connect it by Ethernet cable to router and see if it is reachable from the network. To make sure all network settings are correct and there is no IP address conflict. 

2. Does your ISP router have WiFi? As a workaround, you may try connecting this printer to router's WiFi.

Options
2022-05-05 06:52:05

Thank you very much for your suggestions, Alexandre

Hi,  @Chubby-Chocobo , have you ever found the solution to your current issue? I am quite curious about what happened to Deco X60.

Please feel free to update here with any further improvements.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-05 11:03:17

Thanks  @Alexandre. @David-TP , but I still cannot figure it out. The printer works with other WiFi from ISP's router, but still cannot work with X60's WiFi mesh network.

Alexandre. wrote

@Chubby-Chocobo 

This is the first for me to learn there is network printer which doesn't have dynamic IP address allocation.

1. Does this printer have Ethernet connection? If it does, connect it by Ethernet cable to router and see if it is reachable from the network. To make sure all network settings are correct and there is no IP address conflict. 

2. Does your ISP router have WiFi? As a workaround, you may try connecting this printer to router's WiFi.

Options
2022-05-05 15:23:16 - last edited 2022-05-05 15:25:31

@Chubby-Chocobo 

If you are OK with having printer connected to the ISP router WiFi, you can leave it at that. For some reason, printers and Smart TVs don't always work with WiFi mesh, and that is not limited by Deco mesh. 

If you have extra time on your hands, you could run the following test: power off all Satellite Deco units. Leave just Main Deco running. Now you only have single Deco, that should behave as a generic WiFi router or WiFi range extender. See if you can connect that stubborn printer to a single Main Deco node.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 6

Related Articles