LED control Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LED control Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LED control Deco X90
LED control Deco X90
2022-05-02 19:26:58 - last edited 2022-05-08 09:12:45

Hello dear forum members,

Last Saturday I purchased a Deco X90 mesh wif system consisting out of 2 units.

One of them is configured as access point. I succeeded in setting up a hard wird backhaul between the 2 units and all works well. First experiences result in satisfaction with this purchase.

In the advanced settings section of the app, there's a LED control feature allowing administrators to completely turn off LEDs or choose for 'Night Mode', including the option to turn off the system leds during only during a specified time frame. 

The night mode LED control function seems to work on the main unit (access point) only; during the specified time frame the led of the AP turns off. The sattelite's LED remains green and doesn't turn off.

Is this normal or could this be a minor firmware issue? Anybod having the same experience or tips to solve this minor issue?

Thanks in advance for responding this post.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:LED control Deco X90-Solution
2022-05-07 23:12:00 - last edited 2022-05-08 09:12:45

@TN192 I've found a temporary solution until it's fixed in a firmware update. If you change the main deco to the satellite one then it seems to fix the issue. Both the satellite and the main deco seem to turn off their LED and on at the correct times (so far in my testing). But yeah it seems that the system times of the main deco and satellite don't sync properly. Hope this helps a little.

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:LED control Deco X90
2022-05-03 07:15:05

@TN192 

welcome to the community.

I have tested on my side and it did work for both.

Were you able to produce this issue all the time?

if yes, could you please go to Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>Help>Contact US>Suggestions and add the APP log and send to us.

By the way, if only Turning off the LED, will it work for both units?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-03 10:27:43

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

What I have tried yesterday evening, is rebooting the satellite.  This morning, before 7AM the LED on this unit was also turned off.

Yesterday at 10 PM, it still wasn't but perhaps turning off the LED on the 2nd unit, takes some more time due to a command coming from the access point as master?

Certainly gonna try to turn off the LED on both units and see if this works. Naturally I am also going to take a look at the LED status of the sattelite after 1O PM.

I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards

Options
2022-05-04 08:26:15

@TN192 

Indeed, when I turn off the LED in the advanced settings of the app, on both units (main and satellites) the LEDS respond immediately.

Yesterday, the LED on the sattelite also turned off, using the night mode but later then on the main unit. This is a very, very minor issue.

Going to check further for a day or two because I am an ICT amateur freak. It simply interests me.

I'll keep you posted.

Further: reading at this forum about several issues with the Deco X90. Until now I am very pleased with it: stable wifi connection, speed beter then with my AX8 Netgear router and extender (regulary causing wifi drop-outs): between 500 & 600 Mpbs down and 36 & 40 up. 

When restarting AP or router, everything works again immediatly (in the passed I had to restart router and extender several times to get them working again).

Installing is very simple with te app. Also an extended control of your wifi network is done with one finger touch.

And ... the wired backhaul connection that's in my opinion a very important feature, contributing to the good work of DECO systems.

Let's hope everything stays like this ...

Options
2022-05-05 20:41:35

@TN192

Hi,

I believe that I'm having the exact same problem or similar to you but on a Deco X20 setup.

I have LED night mode set on from 21:00 to 09:00. At 21:00 the main Deco X20 turns its LED off but my satellite Deco X20 LED remains on.

No matter how much I tinker with the LED night mode times, LED doesn't turn off when it's supposed to.

Interestingly, when I turn the LEDs off together, both the main Deco X20 and the satellite LEDs turn off instantly.

I know it's a small problem but the satellite Deco is in my bedroom and it lights up the whole room at night. I would just turn them off altogether but I also like to have a quick glance now and again at the status of the router LED just to check that the system is all good without having to open the app.

Lee

Options
2022-05-06 01:17:42 - last edited 2022-05-06 01:18:01

@MrLeeClarky  welcome to the community.

Are you able to reproduce this issue most of the time?

Based on the update of TN192, after a full restart of the satellite unit, the night mode seems to start working correctly but is still a little slower than the main unit.

If It still behaves the same after the restart, could you please go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>Help>Contact US>suggestions and add the APP log, then send the feedback to us.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-06 08:39:20 - last edited 2022-05-06 08:59:14

@TN192 

Hello,

This post to inform everybody about a few more details that maybe can help TP to solve this issue

1. Turning off and on the LEDS in the advanced settings, immediately takes effect on both units.

2. On the contrary, when using the night mode with specified hours (10 PM - 7 AM) I see only the main unit turns off and on the LED at the specified time. The sattelite-LED remains on and turns off later, with a delay of at about one hour.

The same thing in the morning. At 7AM the main unit's LED turns on at 7AM exactly and the satellite's LED turns ons much later. 

Could there be a problem with time zones? As far as I can see, there are no options to set the time and / or timezone for the satellite ...

So there's is an issue as far as this feature matters and I have been able to reproduce this several times the past 3 days.

@MrLeeClarky We have the same issue. Only difference is that my satellite is placed in the stairs hall. In a sleeping room this inconvenience results in a bigger issue, certainly when this is the ideal location for an optimal wifi-signal. 

Let's hope TP gets this solved.

Options
2022-05-06 10:11:57

@David-TP 

Yes, I can reproduce this issue all of the time. No matter what times I set on the app for night mode the satellite just doesn't follow the schedule but the main X20 does.

I have not only rebooted the router, but a factory reset of the satellite X20 still reproduces the issue. I have sent the app feedback to you as well. Hope this issue can be resolved in a future firmware update.

Best wishes,

Lee 

Options
2022-05-07 05:29:48

Indeed, every day the issue can be reproduced. It takes no effort; it just happens ... Sincerelly  hope that TP-Link solves this firmware issue.

.Kind regards

Options
2022-05-07 13:37:30

TN192 wrote

@TN192 

The same thing in the morning. At 7AM the main unit's LED turns on at 7AM exactly and the satellite's LED turns ons much later. 

Could there be a problem with time zones? As far as I can see, there are no options to set the time and / or timezone for the satellite ...

@TN192 

This is interesting theory, but you can check if it is true or not. Login to Satellite Deco Web interface, use its IP address in web browser, and under System Log you will see current date and time for Satellite Deco:

Login to Main Deco Web interface and compare with what you see there.

Options
2022-05-07 16:02:34

@Alexandre. Indeed, there is a time difference of one hour. Satellite time is one hour earlier then main deco´s. This explains everything.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1267

Replies: 16

Related Articles