Double NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Double NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Double NAT
Double NAT
2022-05-10 16:17:07
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Deco P9 was working before, we have had it prior for 2 months I believe and now on 2 Xbox ones we are getting the Double NAT, I'm no expert on this subject so I'll need a thorough

explanation. When going onto the main router WIFI Double NAT does not show however going onto my DECO P9 WiFi it comes up with it?

not too sure what to put in the firmware part as I'm no expert I just really want to get this sorted out.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Double NAT
2022-05-10 16:26:23

We have a Mesh WiFi system for the DECO P9

Options
Re:Double NAT
2022-05-10 21:07:34

@Sevarch 

You can google for "Double NAT" and that will give you info on that topic, there should be articles at the technical level you are comfortable with.

For TP-Link Deco specifically, to eliminate "Double NAT" you will need to switch Deco Operating Mode to Access point. See Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

In Access Point mode you may see faster WiFi speeds and better overall Deco performance. On the flip side, your Deco mesh will lose some of its features, you can read about it here: What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

If you need missing features, you can always switch Deco Operating Mode back to its default Router mode, but, then, you'll have "Double NAT" for XBOX back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1608

Replies: 2

Related Articles