One Mesh router and extender compaitability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 10:33:59
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought an Archer C6 (supports one mesh) router and used it with smart connect on (both 2.4G and 5G band under one SSID name). To get better reception in my bedroom bought a TPLINK RE300 | AC1200 Mesh WiFi Range Extender. I am not able to use one mesh option while my router has smart connect switched on. Is it possible to have the smart connect on and still use one mesh feature? (i.e have one SSID which supports both 2.4G and 5G bands both from router and repeater)  

Options
1 Reply
Re:One Mesh router and extender compaitability
2022-05-13 01:12:56 - last edited 2022-05-13 02:34:59

Hello   @Viknesh 

It is possible to use both OneMesh and Smart Connect together. 

To use OneMesh feature, please confirm devices are on Onemesh Compability list  , Archer C6 V2 and above version support OneMesh

For better performance, it is recommended to enable both OneMesh and Smart Connect you could 

How to Configure OneMesh Range Extender via Tether app?

How to Configure OneMesh Range Extender via Web Browser?

Confirm the Archer C6 firmware and RE300 firmware are both up to date. (select hardware version first and download corresponding firmware )

If still the same, may I know do you use any special firmware for C6, what is the firmware & hardware version of the router and range extender, can you share a photo showing the WiFi SSID when set up OneMesh feature. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles