Archer A6 Export config to another router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-19 01:43:48 - last edited 2022-06-20 03:11:21
Tags: #Config
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Hi, id like to know if i can import the config of my existing A6 to another TP link device example a new Wifi 6 tp link router. 

i want to save time configuring my new router

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A6 Export config to another router-Solution
2022-06-19 04:35:29 - last edited 2022-06-20 03:11:21

@seejohn98 

There's no option to interchange configuration backup between routers, unless the model and HW version match.

In some cases even with the same router model and HW version, but with different FW versions, you can't do that because of the changed security mechanism for example:

So you should do that manually taking some notes/screenshots of the old router configuration, before configuring the new router from scratch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A6 Export config to another router-Solution
2022-06-19 04:35:29 - last edited 2022-06-20 03:11:21

@seejohn98 

There's no option to interchange configuration backup between routers, unless the model and HW version match.

In some cases even with the same router model and HW version, but with different FW versions, you can't do that because of the changed security mechanism for example:

So you should do that manually taking some notes/screenshots of the old router configuration, before configuring the new router from scratch.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer A6 Export config to another router
2022-06-30 18:02:15

@terziyski OK thanks for confirming I have to do it manually.  I thought that might be the case as I could not find anything stating I could do it and could not find anything to the contary!

Peter H
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 2

Tags

Config
Related Articles