Deco P9 - internet connection suddenly stopped working after 1yr without issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 12:51:21
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I am using the 3 Deco P9s since 1.5 yrs or so. While I had some connectivity issues in the beginning, it worked perfectly for about a year until last week. As of last week, I don't have internet on my first floor at all (no issues on ground floor). The deco sometimes flashes red or sometimes is full white, yet without internet connection. PLC is sometimes on, sometimes not at all. It seems very random. 

As far as I can tell, no changes have been made to the Deco set-up (in AP mode), my modem / router nor have I bought any new electrical devices which could mess up the plc. 

I called your helpdesk, which funnily only told me that it was in their view was not a Deco issue and that 'things like this happen and nothing can be done about it'. A bit disappointing and useless call for what I'd consider a premium product. 

Set-up: 

Modem of my internet provider (Proximus) -> Main deco (AP mode) + 1 satellite in my living room (works perfectly) + 1 satellite on my 1st floor which started acting out (wireless connection to this one is not great, and PLC does not always seem to kick in). The satellite on the 1st floor every now and then flashes red and can often not been found in the deco app

What I tested already: 

- updating to a new beta firmware found on this forum

- resetting the modem, all Decos as well as swapping out decos from position

- added a 4th deco P9 (from my father) in the mix to see if it was connection issues -> now the decos typically show up and my wifi is maintained, yet still no or very spotty internet connection on the first floor. The nodes upstairs still from time to time flash red

- tried adding a powerline (tp-link) between main deco and 1st floor satellite. This suddenly seemed to hijack the full set-up and caused all nodes to stop having internet

Any chance you can help. The challenge I am having is that is seems so random making it hard to test and testing takes quite a bit of time as it requires often to reset the nodes, modem, etc. 

Many thanks in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 0