Difference between powerlines TL-WPA7517 KIT and TL-WPA7517 KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 15:13:55

Hi, 

I would like to know which are the differences between TL-WPA7517 KIT and TL-WPA1000 KIT. I only see that the number in 5GHz is different: 433Mbps (kit7517) vs 867 Mbps (kit1000). But it is weird because the kit 7517 is newer and it costs much more than the other one. Thus there must be something else... Which kit do you suggest me? Which is the best?

Thank you very much in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Difference between powerlines TL-WPA7517 KIT and TL-WPA7517 KIT
2022-07-16 13:10:00

@Mafalda 

Hey

We dont have the WPA1000 KIT here in the UK so im working from the online specifications only, however it appears they are indeed VERY similar devices.

The only difference I can see between them is the 7517 has support for One Mesh..   Incase you are not fimiliar with this its a Mesh technology that means should you have 2/3/4 wifi enabled plugs, they can all work as ONE large network rather than 2/3/4 seperate plugs.   The advantage of this is should you move around, it will swop over to the nearest plug automatically without disconnecting you.   If you dont have MESH it wont swop plugs as quick when you move around, and when it does it will drop your connection for a few seconds, this will likely stop any calls / video you have running.

Mesh is generally a good thing... personally if you can afford the 7517 go for it would be my recommendation, purely as you can then add more One Mesh devices later and they will integrate seamlessly.

Best of luck and any questions just reply

Philbert

Options