Deco X68 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-24 20:19:20 - last edited 2022-07-24 20:21:25
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38490

Hi,

I have 3 x68 devices. After updating firmware on my devices one of my Deco's is dropping from the network. There is no red light or anything, but the app is showing "Disconnected from other Decos". Similar as in this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/214276

Is there a new version coming?

Can I drop to older firmware till this is fixed?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X68 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light
2022-07-25 12:09:16

@speedball 

Hi, since there are two satellite units, would it make any difference to switch the location of these two units to see whether the problem always follows the same unit?

By the way, when the APP said offline but the LED is green, if the device is connected to this Deco, are you able to get internet service?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-25 18:53:01

@David-TP 

I have swapped satellites and it started showing up on the other one. So it is not an issue of one of the devices. 

Non deco devices lose Wi-Fi connection two deco that has failed. This means no internet connection. 

Options
2022-10-30 21:33:52

@David-TP 

bumping the thread. The issue persist all the time. Some days are worse some are better. When the device looses connection I have to restart whole network. 

do you need me to do some troubleshooting? Any debug log I can generate? Or firmware to test? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 387

Replies: 3

Related Articles