block (much more) IP addresses on TP-Link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-17 10:14:13
Tags: #block ip address
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518 Rel.43816n

Hello,

I was looking for a way to block malicious IP addresses in my router settings (tp-link vr600 v3) and found that it is possible via "Static Routing" following what it is described in this thirdparty post 

expressvpn (dot) com/support/troubleshooting/tp-link-block-ip-address/

I succeeded in getting the result you were looking for BUT unfortunately i am limited to only 16 entry and no more.

So, i am here to ask if there is anyway to block more ?

Screenshots:

Thank you for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:block (much more) IP addresses on TP-Link router
2022-08-17 19:33:20

@smed79 

The 16 entries limit is hard coded into the device FW. Only development team can decide if it's feasible to increase this number to 32 or more in future FW releases.

Best approach is to use a firewall (like PfSense) along with your VR600, which will give you more flexibility restricting malicious IP addresses and more, in terms of security.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:block (much more) IP addresses on TP-Link router
2022-08-19 01:41:12

@terziyski 

Too bad that's the case ... 😕

My plan was to keep it stupid and simple without passing through third party hardware or software but unfortunately i think that i don't have the choice.

I will suffice by my pre-installed firewall (ufw) hoping that my device supports more entry in future.

Thank you for your reply and help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 2

Tags

block ip address