Deco mesh system interference with vodafone router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-20 15:31:10 - last edited 2022-08-22 05:50:57
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I just got fibre installed 2 weeks ago with vodafone and because they had to install in the spare room i decided to buy the deco mesh system as the signal isnt great. So got it all setup, really easy but im not reaching my top speeds of 500mbps, rang vodafone and they seem to think its the mesh thats interfering... does any1 have a solution or any ideas ? Im not an experienced techy guy but i know the basics so any helped simply explained would be great.

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco mesh system interference with vodafone router-Solution
2022-08-20 16:15:40 - last edited 2022-08-22 05:50:57

@J.Oc 

Deco E4 has 100Mbps Ethernet ports, this will be the maximum Internet speed it delivers. Main Deco E4 connection to fibre router is where speed is limited by 100Mbps.

For your Internet speed of 500Mbps, Deco E4 is not the right choice. Return it to seller, and replace with Deco set consisting of one of the following Deco models: Deco M4, Deco S4, or Deco M5.

Those have gigabit Ethernet ports and should deliver faster Internet speeds than Deco E4.

With Deco S4/M4/M5, you should be getting Internet speed of up to 500Mbps on Main Deco and half of that on Satellite Deco. These are WiFi5 capable Deco devices. If you want even faster speeds, for example because you plan to upgrade your fibre to gigabit in the not so far future, you should consider Deco hardware that supports WiFi 6. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco mesh system interference with vodafone router-Solution
2022-08-20 16:15:40 - last edited 2022-08-22 05:50:57

@J.Oc 

Deco E4 has 100Mbps Ethernet ports, this will be the maximum Internet speed it delivers. Main Deco E4 connection to fibre router is where speed is limited by 100Mbps.

For your Internet speed of 500Mbps, Deco E4 is not the right choice. Return it to seller, and replace with Deco set consisting of one of the following Deco models: Deco M4, Deco S4, or Deco M5.

Those have gigabit Ethernet ports and should deliver faster Internet speeds than Deco E4.

With Deco S4/M4/M5, you should be getting Internet speed of up to 500Mbps on Main Deco and half of that on Satellite Deco. These are WiFi5 capable Deco devices. If you want even faster speeds, for example because you plan to upgrade your fibre to gigabit in the not so far future, you should consider Deco hardware that supports WiFi 6. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco mesh system interference with vodafone router
2022-08-20 17:54:15

@Alexandre. 

Appreciate the reply i have just ordered the M4.

Thanks for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 921

Replies: 2