Can the TP-Link 16 Port Desktop Switch (TL-SG116) be physically stacked one on top of the other?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can the TP-Link 16 Port Desktop Switch (TL-SG116) be physically stacked one on top of the other?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 12:57:42
Model: TL-SG116  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I have 2 TP-Link 16-port desktop switches I use for my home networking setup.

I have had them physically stacked one on top of each other for the last year with no operational issues. 

However, out of the blue, I started getting intermittent connectivity issues. A simple ping to www.google.com would show request timeouts happening intermittently.

Is it possible that my switches are overheating and causing this?

Thanks,

Randy

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can the TP-Link 16 Port Desktop Switch (TL-SG116) be physically stacked one on top of the other?
2022-09-01 20:08:01

@randye007 

Hey

It could be possible that these are overheating, however usually it would stop the switch completely working rather than speradic issues.

That aside, hundreds of installations have these switches stacked on top of eachother without issue.  Personally dont think this is a problem for you doing that :)

If there is packet loss then it could be the router or wan connection, if you ping the switches directly do they reply constant?   What about pinging the router  /   AP or other LAN connection.  If those are Ok its likely WAN issue

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 1