TP-LINK UE300 ADAPTER ISSUE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 13:36:15 - last edited 2022-09-19 05:40:04
Model: UE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I just bought the UE300 USB 3.0 Gigabit Adapter but I have some issues with it. The first time I plugged it in the USB 3.0 port it was working but the connection speed was very low and unstable (5 Mbs down/1 Mbs up/lost packets/very high jitter) while the speed at the router is 160 Mbs down/15 Mbs up. I tried to plugged it in the USB 2.0 port with all the other devices unplugged from the other USB ports but nothing changed. I was reading on the forum here other users having issues, so I tried everything explained: updated network card drivers, Realtek USB drivers, I did the network factory reset, I tried different Ethernet cables. Now even worse, the adapter is not working anymore at all, as soon as I plug it in while checking in the network settings it keeps showing "Identification pending" and then "Unknown network" and even after starting the Windows network diagnosis it shows "IP configuration non valid". The only way to make it working is plugging the laptop with the adapter directly to the router Ethernet port, so this way it's working at full speed.

I have a pretty recent Asus laptop and Windows 11.

Could you please tell me how I can fix this issue?

Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-LINK UE300 ADAPTER ISSUE
2022-09-19 05:53:46

Hello   @alexmattiello90 

It's good to know you have tried to install the latest driver for the UE300 ;  tried a different USB 2.0 or 3.0 port 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/ue300/

Please also disable the built-in Ethernet adapter when use TP-Link USB- Ethernet adapter 

Try a different Ethernet cable between UE300 & the computer.

To help isolate the issue, you could also test the adapter on a different computer and see if the same happens on a different computer

If still the same. May I know the model of the router? Can you share a photo of PC motherboard & OS information and the driver date. 

Can  you share a photo of the error message' "Identification pending" and then "Unknown network" ? Please share a photo of IP& gateway address when problem occurs

Options
2022-09-19 10:42:17 - last edited 2022-09-19 11:39:33

@Solla-topee 

Hello and thank you for replying,

yeah I already installed the latest driver, tried other USB ports, different cables and also on my older laptop but nothing changed. When I plug the adapter the LED is on just for a second (with "Verification pending" in network settings) but then turns off immediately, then again after like 30 seconds the same thing; in the end after multiple times doing this the LED stays on with "Verification pending" for like a minute in network settings but then it goes on "Unknown network". The thing is that before doing all these checks, even without updating the adapter drivers, some days ago I tried to plug the laptop with the adapter directly to the router Ethernet port and it worked immediately without any issue.

I don't understand what you mean about disabling the built-in Ethernet adapter, because on the Device Manager I can see the TP-Link adapter only.

Also for some reason, after updating the drivers and checking in the Device Manager, it shows an older version and not the last one. Anyways I'm attaching all the screenshots here.

The router is an Askey RTV1907VW and it comes from my network provider.

Options
2022-09-20 06:29:18 - last edited 2022-09-20 07:21:44

Hello  @alexmattiello90 

Thank you very much for providing more case, may I also have a  photo of the computer motherboard information and OS?

• Please disable the Wi-Fi adapter ( right click on the AX210 and disable it)

For 'some days ago I tried to plug the laptop with the adapter directly to the router Ethernet port and it worked immediately without any issue.' 

• If the UE300 works plug and play , you could uninstall the current driver , and reboot PC Windows will automatically find a suitable driver, then check if the default driver works or not. 
Options
2022-09-20 08:42:17 - last edited 2022-09-20 08:57:57

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

I tried disabling the Wi-Fi adapter on the Device Manager, also uninstalled the TP-Link adapter drivers and deleted the device, but after rebooting the issue keeps going.

Another thing I don't understand is how it is possible that the first time I plugged the TP-Link adapter it was detected and I was correctly connected to the network (even though with speed issues and unstable packets transfer) without verification issues like I'm having now, even after uninstalling drivers and device.

Here you can see a screenshot with the information requested. I'm also attaching a picture of the Ethernet Network Troubleshooter that shows the network doesn't have a valid IP configuration and also that the cable could be damaged, but that's not possible because I tried multiple cables, even connecting my old laptop to the ethernet outlet without the TP-Link adapter (it has its own output) and it's working so it can't be the cable.

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3279

Replies: 4

Related Articles