Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting while I'm using my Powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 18:37:49
Tags: #Powerline adapters
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.7.0.44-02_803113_200117_901

Hello, so recently I bought two powerline adapters (model's named: TL-PA8030P KIT) and I plugged the receiver powerline  to my PC and my Xbox since the adapter has 3 ethernet ports. I instantly noticed that I hadn't a single problem while using the powerline on my PC, but when I was using my Xbox it started to disconnect almost every 5 minutes. I tried everything: cleaning the MAC address on the console, hard disconnect the console, reset the powerline adapters but the issue still here. I even tried to change ethernet cable and there was no difference, tried to connect my PC to another powerline adapter instead of the same one and I could notice that the LAN LED of the one connected to my Xbox was keeping to go on and off (green and off basically). I don't know if this issue could be resolved, but my overall experience with my console has been really bad since I bought these two powerline adapters and I still can't believe that it's just the console that has this issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting while I'm using my Powerline adapters
2022-09-19 07:27:34 - last edited 2022-09-19 10:25:26

Hello   @Savieer 

The LAN led goes OFF usually means Ethernet connection is disconnected/poor contact on hardware or the powerline kit enters into power save mode 

If the LAN led still goes off, you could try:

• Confirm the Ethernet cable is properly connected, not get loose. 
  • Make sure the powerline kit are in the wall outlet, unplug the PC in the PA8030P and test the game console only. 

Using the same Ethernet cable and connect Xbox directly to the router and confirm the connection is fine 

If still the same, can I know your network map?for example 

1. ISP --Modem X --Router --PA8030P #A  ___PA8030P extender #B  --Xbox Series X;  PA8030P #B--PC. Thanks. 

2. Can you share a the photo of error message on Xbox when problem occurs, does Xbox still get an IP address? 

To better assist with your case, we created a support email TKID220921808, please check your email inbox. 

Options
Re:Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting while I'm using my Powerline adapters
2022-09-23 05:46:40

@Savieer 

May I know were you able to solve the encounter problem? Feel free to let us know for any updated information. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 564

Replies: 2

Tags

Powerline adapters
Related Articles