Tapo C200 Pairing Failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 Pairing Failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C200 Pairing Failed
Tapo C200 Pairing Failed
2022-09-22 00:29:39 - last edited 2022-09-23 02:03:19
Tags: #Troubleshoot
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.19

Hello!

I'm trying to configure my new C200, but I can't finish the configuration. After it connects to wifi, it gives me an error saying "Pairing Failed". Ive spent hour researching the forums to try and solve the problem, did many steps i've found in many posts but nothing worked so far.

below some posts that i've tried the solutions, but didnt work:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/184560

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/274340

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/270714

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/220610

If I try to configure using a hotspot from my phone, it works as expected. this problem is only with my home wi-fi. I've already done a lot of changes on the router as well, but so far nothing worked. IP isolation is off, no IP or MAC filters, firewall disabled, authentication is wpa2/psk, channel 11, SSID name is a single short name, 2.4ghz band. its literally been like 5 hours already with no sucess. 

When I was able to connect using the hotspot, the camera had a firmware update, so I thought this might be the problem, so I did the update to the lastest versions, removed the camera and then tried again with home wi-fi, but it also didnt work.

Please help! Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 Pairing Failed-Solution
2022-09-22 17:39:30 - last edited 2022-09-23 02:03:19

@Solla-topee 

HI! Thank you for your reply! I believe its something with the ISP as well, because I have a smart universal remote that was configured with alexa, and when I changed the wifi SSID, the device lost the old configuration, and when I was trying to setup again, I got the same problem, couldnt make the device connect with the network =S. Not sure if its something on my router or on the ISP itself.

Edit: Got it working!! It turns out it was some kinda of problem with this generic router the ISP provided me. I had an old TP-Link Archer sitting around, so I just gave it a try using the wifi created from there, and it worked perfectly, didnt even had to put the ISP router as bridge, both the devices have their own wifi. Thank you for all the help!!

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Pairing Failed
2022-09-22 02:27:18 - last edited 2022-09-22 02:41:46

@Stormhashe 

Thank you for starting a detailed post and trying the troubleshooting step like adjust modem/ router firewall settings. 

You could try to change router DNS to 8.8.8.8, save the setting and set up camera again. 

At the same time, we'd like to escalate your case through support email, can you help confirm some case details here: 

• Model of Router
  • Network topology:  ISP- Router model X <wireless>C200
  • Model of phone and its Android or IOS version 
  • Tapo APP version 

Please check your email inbox for TKID220925621, our engineer will need to look into this case further on Monday when they are back into office after the weekend. Thank you for your understanding. 

Options
2022-09-22 03:22:45 - last edited 2022-09-22 03:24:00

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla-topee!

Thank you for your reply. As for the DNS, I had already changed it to 8888 and 8844 respectively, forgot to mention that on the first post.

As for the details you've asked:

Model of Router: HUMAX HGJ310 EMTA Docsis 3.1 (not really sure, that's what's written on it, its the provider modem/router)

topology: ISP (Net Virtua) - Router EMTA Docsis 3.1 - Wireless 2.4ghz - C200 (not sure if that's what you want to know. if you need more info, can you help me how to assess the info?)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+, Android Pie (Version 9)

Tapo: V 2.9.14

A few things about the modem configuration:

Isolated AP: Off

Firewall Ipv4 and Ipv6 Off

Authentication: wpa2/psk

Short and single word SSID

Bandwidth: 20mhz

Channel: 11

Band Steering: ON, but also tried using only 2.4ghz with the 5ghz band off

Tried setting the router as a bridge, but I get a different error then, camera warns that it couldn't get an IP Address, now the router is in router mode

WAN BLOCKING: ON

IPSEC PASS THROUGH: ON

PPTP PASS THROUGH: ON

REMOTE CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT: ON

MULTICAST: ON

UPNP: ON

If you tell me the problem is the modem, I`ll just go and buy a TP-Link router kkkkkkk

Thank you! If you need any more info, I'll be glad to provide!

Options
2022-09-22 11:50:40

@Stormhashe 

Thanks a lot for all deatails ~It's hard to say the cause is modem, it can also be related to the ISP network environment or something else. You may also check with ISP side and see if they have any firewall that may affect camera connecting to the cloud network. 

To better assist with your case and investigate further, our senior engineer will follow up your case on TKID220925621, please check your email inbox. 

Feel free to let us know how it goes later. 

Options
Re:Tapo C200 Pairing Failed-Solution
2022-09-22 17:39:30 - last edited 2022-09-23 02:03:19

@Solla-topee 

HI! Thank you for your reply! I believe its something with the ISP as well, because I have a smart universal remote that was configured with alexa, and when I changed the wifi SSID, the device lost the old configuration, and when I was trying to setup again, I got the same problem, couldnt make the device connect with the network =S. Not sure if its something on my router or on the ISP itself.

Edit: Got it working!! It turns out it was some kinda of problem with this generic router the ISP provided me. I had an old TP-Link Archer sitting around, so I just gave it a try using the wifi created from there, and it worked perfectly, didnt even had to put the ISP router as bridge, both the devices have their own wifi. Thank you for all the help!!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-09-23 02:04:43

@Stormhashe 

Glad to know you made it after all! 

Thank you for your time with troubleshooting and share solution with the community. 

BR

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1002

Replies: 5

Tags

Troubleshoot
Related Articles