Issue with Tether / HomeShield

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issue with Tether / HomeShield

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Issue with Tether / HomeShield
2022-10-25 05:40:48

@Arpiotom 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community again.

Can you please confirm what is the Tether App version now on your Android phone? The latest version could be 3.8.6 now, please check if you can update the APP version first, then confirm if you can change the subscription and make the settings work.

Options
2022-10-25 06:02:52

@Kevin_Z I have version 3.8.6. Unfortunately, internet protection still cannot be turned on.

Options
2022-10-25 06:48:54

@Arpiotom 

Have you tried to exit the Tether App and login again? Give it a try. Please try also power off then on the AX73.

BTW, I have escalated the case to our support engineers, they will try to confirm if there is an issue with the new APP. Please follow it up with them and update here. Thank you.

Options
2022-10-25 12:29:18 - last edited 2022-10-25 13:16:49

I uninstalled the application. I disconnected the router to the TP-Link ID account, then added the router to the cloud account, launched the application, added the router to the active HomeShield PRO subscription. Unfortunately, the problem has not been resolved.  

@Kevin_Z I u

Options
2022-10-26 01:17:29

@Arpiotom 

We will soon look into this issue you're reporting. Please check your email box and follow it up. Thank you very much.

Options
Tether App crashes and returns to My Device page when editing the HomeShield Parental Control Profile
2022-11-23 15:50:04 - last edited 2022-11-23 15:53:43

@Kevin_Z

My model and firmware version are the same as the original poster. Sometimes when using the Android app to view or change the parental control profile I get an operation failure message, then the Wi-Fi router freezes and stops working, after which it has to be powered off and on.
This issue has existed in previous versions of the Android app, and it still occurs even after updating to version 3.8.6. The last time I encountered this problem was on November 23, 2022 at 22:15 (GMT+8:00).

Options
Tether App crashes and returns to My Device page when editing the HomeShield Parental Control Profile
2022-11-25 08:58:25

SeanL wrote

@Kevin_Z

My model and firmware version are the same as the original poster. Sometimes when using the Android app to view or change the parental control profile I get an operation failure message, then the Wi-Fi router freezes and stops working, after which it has to be powered off and on.
This issue has existed in previous versions of the Android app, and it still occurs even after updating to version 3.8.6. The last time I encountered this problem was on November 23, 2022 at 22:15 (GMT+8:00).

@SeanL Do you mean the router just freezes when you tried to view or modify the parental control profile? What is the phenomenon of the freeze? Do all lights get steady on then flash?

If possible, please take a short video about the router freezing when you try to view or modify the parental control profile, and email support.forum@tp-link.com, then we will have an engineer look into this further.

Options
2022-11-26 14:29:52

@Kevin_Z 

No, the router freeze occurs after the error message appears. The light is still on at this time, but it cannot represent the actual situation.
For example, after unplugging the network cable, the light remains on.
This phenomenon can be seen in one of the short videos sent to the mailbox.

Another short video shows how the error occurs after modifying the parental control profile, and then the router stops working and stops sending Wi-Fi signals.
In order to reproduce the error quickly, there are multiple repeated operation in the video.
The error occurs around 1:30 in the short video.

Options
2022-11-28 02:24:15

SeanL wrote

@Kevin_Z 

No, the router freeze occurs after the error message appears. The light is still on at this time, but it cannot represent the actual situation.
For example, after unplugging the network cable, the light remains on.
This phenomenon can be seen in one of the short videos sent to the mailbox.

Another short video shows how the error occurs after modifying the parental control profile, and then the router stops working and stops sending Wi-Fi signals.
In order to reproduce the error quickly, there are multiple repeated operation in the video.
The error occurs around 1:30 in the short video.

@SeanL Thank you very much for the detailed information. To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers via email. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
Related Articles