Issue with Tether / HomeShield

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 21:12:06 - last edited 2022-10-14 06:02:03
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(4555)

Hi. Since today, my Tether applciation on Android is buggy ; when I move to HomeShield and select some user profile for the setting of parental control, the window briefly appear and then switch back to the list of routers. I cannot edit any more the parental control, and it seems the phoen application is the only way to do it ? When I cannot on the address http://192.168.0.1/ from my computer, I find no way to edit the parental control. I am reluctant to reinstall the application, cause I fear to loose the configuration painfully tuned. Any advice welcome.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Tether App crashes and returns to My Device page when editing the HomeShield Parental Control Profile-Solution
2022-10-14 05:59:22 - last edited 2022-10-25 05:41:24

This Article Applies to:

All Wi-Fi Router models that support HomeShield, such as Archer AX73 v1, Archer AX55 v1, etc.

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

When clicking the Parental Control profile on the Tether app, it simply crashes and returns to “My Device” page, and you may get a blank page as follows:

Solution and Suggestions (Updated on Oct 19 2022):

If any of you experience the same issue as described above, it's suggested to check and update to the latest Tether App, which could be 3.8.6 for Android now. In any cases you cannot detect the update, please wait for one day or two and check for the updates later then, it will be available soon.

If you are experiencing a different issue regarding the Tether app, please Start a New Thread and do remember to include the following information:

1. Model and firmware information of the TP-Link device that you are trying to control via the Tether app.

2. Tether App version, and phone system (IOS/Android versions).

3. If possible, please provide the specific time that when the issue happened last time.

Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:Issue with Tether / HomeShield
2022-09-29 07:17:53

@Sarek 

That is correct, the HomeShield Parental Control can only be configured and modified via the Tether APP.

Can you confirm if the issue persists? What is the OS version of the phone, and how about the version of the Tether APP? If possible, please try installing the Tether APP on another phone, then try to check if the HomeShield Parental Control settings can be modified.

Options
2022-09-29 20:05:05

@Kevin_Z After one day, my children time counters were not reset to zero, but I have again able to deliver bonus time. After two days, things gets back to normal. When the bug will appear again, I will the install on another phone, good idea. You can close this ticket.

Options
2022-10-08 16:50:43 - last edited 2022-10-08 16:51:43

Please don't close the topic. I also have this problem. The problem occurs on every smartphone or tablet. I cannot edit or delete one of the profiles. Reinstalling the application does not help.

Options
2022-10-09 01:52:23

@Arpiotom 

Thank you for following up on this topic.

Can you confirm what is the OS version of the phone, and how about the version of the Tether APP?

Are there any special characters when creating the profile or role? Try using simple letters or numbers to observe if the issue persists.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-10-10 12:52:10

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem,

Tether version 3.7.2

Android 12

Android Security Sept 5, 2022

Firmware Version:

1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX55 v1.0

Options
2022-10-11 01:26:50

Hello @ajpyoung 

I replied to your thread, and we would like to further look into this issue you are reporting, please have a check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/584850

Options
2022-10-12 14:29:15

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem recently. There is no problem in the past and I have not changed my mobile. OS version EMUI 12. Tether version 3.7.2. Please help to fix. 

Options
2022-10-13 02:30:45

Hello @Vien_Li 

I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
Tether App crashes and returns to My Device page when editing the HomeShield Parental Control Profile-Solution
2022-10-14 05:59:22 - last edited 2022-10-25 05:41:24

This Article Applies to:

All Wi-Fi Router models that support HomeShield, such as Archer AX73 v1, Archer AX55 v1, etc.

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

When clicking the Parental Control profile on the Tether app, it simply crashes and returns to “My Device” page, and you may get a blank page as follows:

Solution and Suggestions (Updated on Oct 19 2022):

If any of you experience the same issue as described above, it's suggested to check and update to the latest Tether App, which could be 3.8.6 for Android now. In any cases you cannot detect the update, please wait for one day or two and check for the updates later then, it will be available soon.

If you are experiencing a different issue regarding the Tether app, please Start a New Thread and do remember to include the following information:

1. Model and firmware information of the TP-Link device that you are trying to control via the Tether app.

2. Tether App version, and phone system (IOS/Android versions).

3. If possible, please provide the specific time that when the issue happened last time.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-24 10:53:15

After changing the subscription period from monthly to annual subscription, the Internet protection, anti-intrusion protection and IoT protection functions stopped working. Information on the current protection has not been preserved. An attempt to enable protection ends with the message "Operation failed".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1682

Replies: 19

Related Articles