TP-Link MR600 queries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link MR600 queries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link MR600 queries
TP-Link MR600 queries
2022-09-28 06:46:59
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. I have a few questions about the MR600 router and I was hoping anyone can help:

1. If I use a 4g sim on it, is there a chance I can get 4g+ speeds in our area? The thing is we already have a Huawei B311 4g router but the speeds are a bit slow (we live in a rural area). But my phone catches 4g+ speeds when I'm outside the house. So I was hoping to get one of these to hopefully speed up the 4g internet here at home.

2. Is there a chance this router can be carrier locked? It's because I am planning to buy it from another country and I am afraid I cannot use it on mine.

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link MR600 queries
2022-09-29 09:44:14

@oloap2504 

Hi,

1. It seems Huawei B311 is a LTE CAT4 product, MR600 is LTE-Advanced CAT6 product(CAT6 or higher is called 4G+), however, whether the MR600 could reach 4G+ is related to the base station nearby as well, so we cannot say 100% that it will reach 4G+ speed. 

Besides, usually smartphones support much higher LTE categories such as CAT19 or CAT20 whoes speed will be higher than CAT6 product MR600 even though they might both show 4G+ signal.

2. It is recommended to purchase in the same country, because we don't provide international warranty. And the common EU version MR600 is not locked to a specific carrier unless the device is customized for specific ISP customer. purchasing from authorized resellers could usually avoid such issue.

For authorized resellers, you could check "where to buy" part on your country's TP-Link official website.

Options
2022-09-29 19:14:52

@Sunshine 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

But will I be able to use the 4g sim that is currently on my Huawei B311 router on the TP-LINK MR600? I am asking this as the MR600 is a 4g+ router and I'm not sure if thr 4g sim would work.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can help with this as I am very much interested in getting this router. Just with the possibility of having faster Internet speeds at home. I know we cannot know for sure but it is still worth the try. We live in a rural area and the Huawei router just doesn't cut it. When my wife sees Netflix movies, for example, and I try to play an online game, the game becomes so laggy and I cannot play.

Thanks again.

Options
2022-10-11 11:00:20

@oloap2504 

Hi, to confirm whether your 4G SIM card supports 4G+ or not, it is recommended to confirm with the SIM card carrier, or insert it into your smartphone and check whether it will work on 4G+.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 3

Related Articles