ER605v2 Disconnect from controller regulary

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605v2 Disconnect from controller regulary

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:ER605v2 Disconnect from controller regulary
2022-10-08 10:24:26

@shberge 

All settings ( for example DHCP, VPN), user and Password are retained and work the same way as in the connected status.

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-08 10:29:25

@nutzich 

ok, nice if you send some screenshots next time you have problems :-)

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-13 15:11:47

I have an answer from the TP-Link R&D department for the TP-Link ER605v1 (not v2) with firmware v1.2.1:

We have gotten a reply from our B2B department.

ā€‹

It seems there have been some disconnection error via the 1.2.1 firmware, in some cases there is first a adoption--->configuring loop but eventually it leads to a disconnection error.

ā€‹

Our B2B department currently advises to perform a downgrade to the previous firmware.

I don't know if this is also the case for the v2, but who knows... What a solution though, downgrading a firmware update because of this problem. Didn't expect this from TP-Link, hope they will come with a firmware upgrade soon.

Kind regards, WhiteSasch Check out the www.valrosgaming.xyz community!
Ā  2 Ā 
Ā  2 Ā 
Options
2022-10-19 11:03:57 - last edited 2022-10-19 11:04:39

@shberge @Fae 

Hello,

here is an additional screenshot. This time it only took 17days, when the disconnect from Omada-Controller occurred. The screenshot of the gui shows that one cpu-core is fluctuating between 20 and 40 % (The core may switch from time to time). The workload is without any special load like vpn.

As said before after reboot the cpu is about 1 to 2 % without special load like vpn.

There are no unusual log entries.

Is there a way (ssh...) to check which process is "running wild"?

Greetings

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-19 13:04:29

@nutzich you should have bought a device with "Idiot proof" signature, it is ok to be a š«šžš­ššš«š, you should not insult people who are physically š«šžš­ššš«ššžš, this community is ok with helping everybody, including idiots like you. I just bothered to reply as this forum spammed me about your silly reply, just turned it off as I think you understand that nobody blames you for being a š«šžš­ššš«š. Have fun and a great day laugh

Ā  51 Ā 
Ā  51 Ā 
Options
2022-10-20 08:30:50

Dear @nutzich, @shberge,

Thank you for trying to provide as much details as you can. Our support engineer followed up with a similar ER605 v2 disconnect issue via email these days, after further debugs, the issue has been located finally and the R&D team will provide a beta firmware to try fix the issue. If you would like to try the beta firmware, please feel free to let me know. I will send you the download link via Message once the beta is available. Sorry for any trouble caused!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-20 09:41:17

Dear @WhiteSasch,

I don't know which TP-Link agent told you that ER605v1 with firmware v1.2.1 has the disconnection error and advise to downgrade the firmware, but it's very irresponsible for the agent to provide such information. I noticed several ER605 v1 disconnection issue in the community, but the reproduce period is a bit long and they are ended up with a reboot schedule, no much clues to show it's the firmware issue.

How often would the disconnection issue occur on your ER605 v1? Does your disconnection issue start to occur after upgrading to the 1.2.1 firmware, and disappear after downgrading to the previous firmware? The engineer may need to collect some detailed information when the issue occurs to figure out the issue, if you are willing to try further troubleshooting with our senior engineer via email directly, I can help to escalate your case. 

In addition, the ER605 V2 disconnected issue reported here doesn't exist on the ER605 V1, your ER605 V1 disconnection issue should be a different case.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-20 09:56:23

@btx, Please mind your words. Try to be kind and friendly.

If you don't want to receive any notice about this community forum, you may choose to disable all the notifications under Settings.

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-20 14:13:51

@Fae 

It would be nice if you have found a solution to this, yes send me a link and I can try the beta that you have made.

Ā  0 Ā 
Ā  0 Ā 
Options
2022-10-20 19:11:16

Fae wrote

@btx, Please mind your words.  

@Fae Which words?

Fae wrote

Try to be kind and friendly. 

@Fae I was very kind and very friendly, do you want me to be rude?

Fae wrote

If you don't want to receive any notice about this community forum, you may choose to disable all the notifications under Settings.

Once again you prove not to read what one writes, did you you miss this or was it not accurate enough:

btx wrote

@btx, I just bothered to reply as this forum spammed me about your silly reply, just turned it off ...

Main question remains why do you post offtopic, beside the fact that it seems people with physical disability or any disability are not welcome here as if one percives another calling disabled in one or another way seems to be insult which in fact proves that it insults this community if people with disability join, is that what you are trying to tell me?

Did you know even tp-link's accounts are available for sale? According to that, even a fruit šŸˆ can be insulted just by an "A" as there is no "A" in a word melon, meaning that you have to disable users ability to make posts as whatever one writes today or tomorrow will be insulting to some fruit šŸ“, is that the end goal of this forum, to close it? Anyway, you should stop posting offtopic and save some fruits few insults laugh

Ā  1 Ā 
Ā  1 Ā 
Options