Troubleshooting IPv6 connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 17:24:57
Tags: #IPv6
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi,

Recently my WAN connection went from getting a public IPv6 address to getting a local one, so IPv6 is no longer working. I tried contacting my ISP and they said nothing in their configuration has changed, so I tried to troubleshoot the issue, but I can't find nothing on the Omada Controller that can help me do that. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the IPv6 portion of the configuration, and nothing. I've even reset the modems, the router, the switch, everything, and I still don't get a public IPv6 address.

What is interesting is that I don't even see any logging going on. When I disconnect and reconnect the IPv4 address, I can clearly see a log messages of the disconnect/connection, and I see the IP address and DNS that was returned from the ISP, but when I do it for IPv6, nothing is logged.

How can I troubleshoot this issue? Can I ssh to the router and see some logs? I just updated the controller to 5.6.3 too, and still, no public IPv6 address.

Main Gateway: TL-ER7206 Switch: TL-SG3428 APs: EAP620 HD x2
Options
2 Reply
Re:Troubleshooting IPv6 connection
2022-10-26 05:57:43

@Unraider 

In normal case it means your IPv6 service is ended.

You can try to connect PC to the Modem directly and check if you have IPv6 service.

Options
Re:Troubleshooting IPv6 connection
2022-10-27 21:45:44

@Somnus I've been looking at the issue more, and I think I know what is going on. It turns out IPv6 is working fine (it was disabled on windows and that's why it wasn't "working" for me), but Omada Controller is not showing the public IPv6 address for some reason, and instead in the Device page it shows the local link connection.

Maybe the interfaces were changed somehow in the background? Anyway, IPv6 works, the UI isn't showing the right data.

Main Gateway: TL-ER7206 Switch: TL-SG3428 APs: EAP620 HD x2
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 2

Tags

IPv6
Related Articles