Archer C6 can it be used without an Ethernet cable with a modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 13:29:08 - last edited 2022-11-03 00:45:11
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi so I've been trying to figure out a way to connect archer c6 to modem without an Ethernet cable is that possible I've tried everything my brain is fried not a tech expert so need some help. I can directly connect to my modem and get the internet but I wanna connect my router to it without having to use an Ethernet cable possible ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6 can it be used without an Ethernet cable with a modem
2022-11-02 14:10:56 - last edited 2022-11-03 00:44:57

@I-Am-Iron-Mam 

Hey

Sadly this is not possible as the Modem will only allow a connection from a cable.  In short the cable is required to allow the Archer C6 to tell the Modem HOW to dial the internet (password, username, speeds etc) and this is not something that can be done wirelessly.

Once the modem is cabled into the Archer, then everything can be wireless from the archer onwards.

Hope that helps!

Options
Re:Archer C6 can it be used without an Ethernet cable with a modem
2022-11-03 13:56:50

@I-Am-Iron-Mam 

What's the make and model of your modem ?

If it's a modem only device, then your question has been answered by @Philbert.

But if you have a modem router device, which works in NAT mode, using the WDS feature of Archer C6 could allow you to connect wirelessly.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 955

Replies: 2