deco m9 plus connected, but no internet in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 16:11:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

started with a working network consisting of 3 decos in wifi router mode. I want to switch over to an OpenWRT router and use the decos in AP mode. I turn off all the decos and connect the openwrt router to the modem, verify internet access - that works. next plug the primary deco into a port on the router and turn the decos back on. Once the decos LED's are all green, I go into the deco mobile app and change operation mode to AP. This causes deco to reboot. That works, and the primary and satellite deco LEDs are now green. 

Everything should work, right? But i try to connect devices to the openwrt network, and devices (phone, laptop, etc) do connect, but no internet.  connecting to the openwrt router via ethernet and verified that it has internet access, so something is going on with the decos in AP mode, but at this point I'm stuck as to next steps. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:deco m9 plus connected, but no internet in access point mode
2022-11-12 19:42:27

@mmaypo 

I have M9 Plus in AP mode, they work just fine. You do realize that "connected no Internet" could mean your devices do connect to Deco WiFi, but because OpenWRT router is now managing the network, with different IP range than before, they possibly can't get/renew IP address from OpenWRT router.

Sometimes, it may be enough to delete (to forget) WiFi network on smartphone and make it connect to WiFi network anew, to obtain new IP. Rebooting laptop could do the trick.

Have you figured on your own where the problem was, or do you still need help with troubleshooting?

Options
Re:deco m9 plus connected, but no internet in access point mode
2022-11-14 16:23:27

@Alexandre. thanks for the information - i've gotten pulled off and will get back to this in a couple of days

Options