Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding
2022-12-15 11:41:29
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518 Rel.41627n

Hardware version: VR2100 V1.

To enable access tp Media Centre Library Server I need to forward port 52199 to allow incoming external access. I have tried to set this up via NAT forwarding/port triggering and Virtual Server option but neither method works. I have tried disabling Norton Firewall but this has no effect. I guess I may be entering incorrect data to the relevant fields.TIA

Options
4 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding
2022-12-16 03:29:17 - last edited 2022-12-16 17:08:27

@corkyboy 

Remove Port Triggering settings.

Port Forwarding should be set in Virtual Servers section:

Also make sure that you your public IP address is the same as the VR2100 Internet IP address:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-16 11:47:06

@terziyski Thanks for your input. however when I try it won't accept the data " the IP address is not on the same subnet with LAN IP. Please input another one"

Herewith my  Internet details: 

Is the problem with the Gateway? My IP address is not static and the provider id BT here in the UK.

Options
2022-12-16 17:05:18

@corkyboy

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my previous post - your public IP address should look the same as your VR2100 Internet iP address (as per the second screenshot) - you just have to compare them - do not change anything.

The idea here is:

1.If your public IP address is different from the VR2100 Internet IP address then port-forwarding won't work - then you're behind NAT from your ISP.

The other way to check if that's the case is if your VR2100 Internet IP address is a private IP address.

In this case you should contact your ISP and ask for the possibility to have your public IP address on the VR2100.

2.If these IP addresses are the same then port-forwarding should work as expected.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-12-17 10:28:08
Many thanks for your further input, much appreciated, Colin
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 4

Related Articles