Issue using wired clients when MR600 in Wireless Router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 22:04:11
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914

I recently purchased the MR600 v2 as I occasionally get drop outs on my cable internet connection and want to have a 4G backup. I set the MR600 up in 'Wireless Router' mode and connected the cable modem's LAN port with the LAN4/WAN port on the MR600. The router works normally when I am only using the two wireless radio channels to connect clients. However, when I connect any wired client to any of the other three LAN ports (LAN 1-3) the connection to the cable modem goes down.

This is very frustrating because I was planning on using the MR600 essentially as a switch to prioritise the cable internet connection from my cable ISP, but then switch to 4G when that network goes down. I essentially want to turn off both wifi radios and connect my more powerful wifi 6 router to one of the MR600s LAN ports and run the local network on it. 

Also just a note, I currently have the 3G/4G backup switch turned off as I have only just started experimenting with this router and have not had a chance to buy a 4G mobile data plan to use as the backup. I can't see how this toggle would change anything though. In 'wireless router' mode the MR600 will prioritise the cable connection going to the LAN4/WAN port. 

Is there a setting I have missed that will enable me to connect other wired clients to the MR600 while it is in 'Wireless Router' mode and has a wired connection providing internet to the LAN4/WAN port?

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue using wired clients when MR600 in Wireless Router mode
2022-12-19 06:55:54

@dylan-64 

Hi, we are unable to reproduce the issue on our end, may I know if the operation mode is also changed to Wireless Router mode? and who is the ISP of your cable internet?

In addition, may I have a detailed network topology? like whether you have any switch or extender in the network? and what is the model no. of your modem?

Options
Re:Issue using wired clients when MR600 in Wireless Router mode
2023-01-05 06:27:20

@Sunshine Thank you for replying. I did not get back to you immediately because I managed to somehow make it work shortly after sending this original post. However, I wanted to make sure it was still working. I only have one device plugged into LAN 1 and the modem plugged into LAN4/WAN. Seems to be working for now. Cheers

Options