EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

741 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-06-29 09:06:50

Hi @g3n0,

Onemesh is one of the three types Mesh from TP Link 

I have 3 C80 routers in my Mesh network.

1 as main 2 as satellite.

Works as a gem.

Regards,

Thom

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-06-29 09:26:31

@Thom_NL 

Yep, OneMesh, EasyMesh, and DecoMesh.

All this time I thought you are talking about EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul for your C80s?

This is what the OneMesh site states: * OneMesh™ router needs to works with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks. * Establishing Mesh Wi-Fi between routers is not currently supported (coming soon).

That's the reason I settled down for 3x C80. They finally arrived, all of them with HW FW v2.20, so I will be able to test the networking soon and share my feedback.

Options
2023-06-29 13:57:37

@ChrisBS 

Thanks for this tip!! It works great! 

Options
2023-06-29 15:07:01

@Kevin_Z 

I would like to know when we are getting the Ethernet Backhaul capability in the AX55. I have two and I would like to connect both with Cables and also use Easymesh. I have a 1Gbps connection and my home is big, so connecting both routers with WiFi is not a great idea

Options
2023-06-30 01:31:32

g3n0 wrote

@Liverpool20 

EasyMesh and OneMesh are different standards, so NO they are not compatible and you cannot build a mixed mesh.

Further, you cannot build a OneMesh by using routers only. You need a router + extender(s), which are connected over wireless backhaul.

@g3n0 I understand Onemesh just as you do. But as you can see RoodRood's post in #125, he can build up a mesh network between Onemesh and EasyMesh. AX73 doesn't support EasyMesh, it only support Onemesh. If Onemesh is not compatible with EasyMesh, how does that mesh work?

It's interesting.frown

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-06-30 03:45:53

persano wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I would like to know when we are getting the Ethernet Backhaul capability in the AX55. I have two and I would like to connect both with Cables and also use Easymesh. I have a 1Gbps connection and my home is big, so connecting both routers with WiFi is not a great idea

@persano As you may find AX55 has just released an official firmware to address some bugs here. There might be new updates in the near future. I will make sure to update my post to inform you also once EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul is available.

Options
2023-06-30 06:04:51

@Liverpool20 

Onemesh is total different then easymesh.

I will try explain it in the most easiest way some differences :D 

Onemesh is like a "one" network but you can connect only main router  + extenders (only tplink devices). Ofc you can connect other router but only like AP mode but that won't work smooth. That alwwys disconnecting your devices  while switch connection.

Esaymesh also is like "one" network but you can connect any device which is with easymesh function not only tplink device's. You can connect router + routers and extenders. Ofc TP-Link make sure if you use tplink router with esaymesh you can connect also extenders with onemesh but routers won't work as secondary device's they need a esaymesh. 

Options
2023-06-30 09:07:24 - last edited 2023-06-30 09:08:00

hi  @ChrisBS,

To be safe about things Easymesh is certified, Deco mesh, Onemesh and Omoda mesh aint certified.

So any device of any brand with Easymesh should work if the TP device is Easymesh.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-06-30 12:08:39

@ChrisBS 

Thank you very very much for your explanation, I appreciate it.

I now understand Onemesh and EasyMesh better. EasyMesh can work with routers or extenders from different manufacturers, while Onemesh can only work between routers and extenders from TP-Link.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-01 21:49:35

@Liverpool20 

Hi. I still can't understand the real difference between OneMesh and EasyMesh. Ok, the only one I really can se right now, Is extremely more easy to link AX53 with the C80 (both EasyMesh compatibles) than to link an AX73 to an AX53 (only one Easy mesh compatible).

In OneMesh is not showing any router till you press the WPS in both devices. Right now I have my routers connected by Ethernet and everything is working smooth and my devices are changing to the router that is closer without any interruptions. The only thing is that takes time to get connected again after one of the routers is rebooted, same when some changes are made, so to avoid this I set up specific wifi channels and switch the updates to manual. BTW. I have 300 Mbps, so right now this is what I'm getting at any place of my 3 floors house; of course, only if I'm using the 5GHz WiFi. I'll uploaded the speed test of the main and satellite router later.

Options
Related Articles