EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

742 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-14 10:02:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I live in Singapore and the AX72 router that I have is the AX72(US) Ver 1.0

The firmware version Archer AX72(EU)_V1_1.2.1 Build 20230626 seems to be for the EU version only yeah? Would this be compatible with mine as well? If not, I assume the update for the US version are still planned, yeah?

Regards,

Nicolas

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-14 11:04:09

@ocind 

Is your Archer AX72 a US version or an SG version? I believe the latest official firmware for both should have been publicly released in Jul.

Are you saying you cannot detect this 1.2.1 version on the router web GUI or via the Tether App? Please make sure the router is linked to your TP-Link ID successfully and it's online.

I will report to the local website admin to remind them of publishing the latest firmware for AX72. You may check for the firmware page later to get the firmware and upgrade manually if the online upgrade still fails.

Options
2023-08-15 04:53:57

@Kevin_Z 

> Is your Archer AX72 a US version or an SG version? I believe the latest official firmware for both should have been publicly released in Jul.

US version

> Are you saying you cannot detect this 1.2.1 version on the router web GUI or via the Tether App? Please make sure the router is linked to your TP-Link ID successfully and it's online. I will report to the local website admin to remind them of publishing the latest firmware for AX72. You may check for the firmware page later to get the firmware and upgrade manually if the online upgrade still fails.

I went to TPLink Singapore AX72 page and the firmware is not available on the website. https://www.tp-link.com/sg/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax72/

Will check via Tether app then! Thanks!

Options
2023-08-15 05:50:26 - last edited 2023-08-15 05:52:24

@ocind 

There might be a delay when publishing the latest firmware on the local websites, but I will check with the team.

The local website has been updated, check the below:

https://www.tp-link.com/sg/support/download/archer-ax72/#Firmware

You can always check for updates on the router web GUI or via the Tether App and upgrade to the latest version when there is one available.

Options
2023-08-15 14:15:39

@Kevin_Z 

Any update when Ethernet Backhaul for AX55? :)

Options
2023-08-16 01:04:36

@Kevin_Z 

When will ax73 be updated 

Options
2023-08-16 12:21:17

Hi @jhjm40 

I have bad news for you, me and everyone who is waiting for the update. They removed this router from planned devices on their official website easy mesh compatible devices. So I hope they release the update in the future, but I think it won't be anytime soon. sad

Options
2023-08-16 14:17:30

@TechThomas 

Yeah i just saw the same thing, and decided to come here to check it out.

@Kevin_Z  Is it safe to assume AX73 is no longer getting EasyMesh?

sad it might be a good indicator for me to start moving away from TP-Link if that's the case, i've been holding onto my AX73 for over a year now and been waiting for it to have EasyMesh since day 1 of it's announcement. Even bought an AX55 to support it's future easymesh (which that firmware issue weeks ago was an actual nightmare). 

On top of all of that, in order to use the AX73 stable with VR, i have to disable AX to use AC support, and 160mhz channel width to 80mhz channel width.

This might be a good indicator for me to avoid TP-Link in the future, as the more this goes on, it's starting to make me feel as I just bought a glorified Wifi 5 router.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8 - SSID Hide Bug Report
2023-08-16 14:59:17

@td1

Was this issue with Hide SSID not working on the easymesh Satellite Router solved ? (it was broadcasting the SSID even when hidden)

Does the configuration update correctly also the Satellite Router ?

Was it implemented also on the Guest Network configuration ? 

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8 - SSID Hide Bug Report
2023-08-16 15:41:42

td1 wrote

@td1

Was this issue with Hide SSID not working on the easymesh Satellite Router solved ? (it was broadcasting the SSID even when hidden)

Does the configuration update correctly also the Satellite Router ?

Was it implemented also on the Guest Network configuration ? 

@td1 

Hi,

Are you talking about the new firmware version 1.13.1 ?

I just checked it and no, the issue has not been solved yet. SSIDs of the Satellites are still being broadcast.

The Guest network is only available via the main router, as previously mentioned by TP-Link.

Options
Related Articles