Poor 2.4GHz performance on AX1500 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-13 21:59:27
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel. 57450(4555)

Hello everyone. I'm trouble shooting very weak 2.4GHz performance on a newly purchased TP-Link AX1500 (AX10) running the latest firmware. The router's operating in access point mode with a 1.0gbps link to a primary (unadjustable)  ISP modem/router. Speeds are pretty impressive over a wired connection and up to a few metres on 5.0 GHz  wireless, but 2.4GHz is woefully inadequate. I've had to disable SMART connect and set different SSIDs for each network to test things out. Normally, I'd expect 2.4GHz to have greater reach than 5.0GHz but not in my case. My 2.4GHz signal rapidly drops off with distance (a few metres from the router) while the 5.0GHz network drops off less dramatically. I do live in an area with too many networks competing on the 2.4GHz band, but no amount of switching channels (with the aid of a scanner) or adjusting channel width seems to make a difference. I've left the DHCP setting on AUTO, assuming that in access mode, the router is bridged to the primary. The primary is serving up IPs correctly on the right subnet and there are no IP conflicts reported. Transmit power is set to high on both channels. Any suggestions for a fix will be tried! I've already tried a hard reset.  

Options