Archer C64 AC1200 - Microwave Interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 12:40:42
Tags: #Access Point Mode #interference
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4555)

Hi there, I have an interesting and annoying issue with the Archer C64

When Microwave is used on full power it instantly knocks out the WiFi. Now i know its normal for microwaves to cause interference , however i have multiple brands of wifi routers in the house and none of these interfere with the microwave even right next to it. Even if i stick the Archer C64 down the end of the garden in outhouse with walls in the way it still gets knocked out by the microwave.

I feel i have tried every combo of the 2.4 settings. The only combo that did something was channel 13, 20mhz with wireless N only, This resulted in the connection just about holding 90% of the time but with 0 transfer speeds.

Just find it strange how it is so sensitive to our microwave where others are not, tried changing things like transmit power still the same etc.

very surprised i cant find others with same issues with this device. 

It is such a shame as it has amazing wifi internet speeds over any other wifi ap / routers i have had.

also we tried shielding the entire microwave as a test and it still nocked out the wifi on this device.

is mine faulty lol?

any thoughts opinions, feel free.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C64 AC1200 - Microwave Interference
2023-02-01 10:53:25

@stanley2468 

That sounds unusual.

The microwave does interference with the 2.4GHz wireless band, since they both emit the same frequencies. But as per your description, you have tried to move them far away from each other and even tried shielding the entire microwave, the microwave still interrupts the 2.4G connection.

Have you already tried all the available wireless channels on the C64? Try to choose 20MHz for the channel width, and change the Transmit Power to Middle or Low, then test and monitor again.

Can I also know what are the brands and models of the other routers that can work just fine when the microwave is used on full power? Are you also testing the 2.4G wireless?

Can I have the brand and model of the microwave? We would like to check what is the frequency that it works on also.

Options
2023-02-03 18:15:12

@Kevin_Z hi thank you for taking the time to take interest in this issue. I will run a few more tests this weekend 4/2/23 and get back to you with your request. thanks again.

Options
2023-02-04 14:54:57

@stanley2468 

Hi, so have gone through everything once again, transmit power low, medium, high all the same, 20mhz only, tested each channel and as before the only one that sometimes holds connection but comes to a stop in transmission is channel 13 with WiFi n only but most of time also disconnects.

Have since looked up the microwave and apparently inverter microwaves do cause more interfering than other types across all channels. Im guessing the new modern WiFi protocols / Chipset etc are more susceptible than older simpler 2.4ghz WiFi.

Microwave = Panasonic NN-SD271S 900w inverter

WiFi tried and tested =

-zTE MC801A (doesn't interfere with microwave and is modern similar WiFi specs to the TPLink however doesn't have a strong transmit distance)

Older devices:
-Mikrotik Hap Lite RB941-2nD
-Mikrotik rb951g-2hnd
-BT Homehub 3
-Bt Home Hub 5
-Ubiquiti AP Long Range

Options
2023-02-06 09:17:07

@stanley2468 

We greatly appreciate your continued feedback, as well as your patience and cooperation to provide all the details.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers, who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2023-07-14 02:06:27
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 5

Tags

Access Point Mode
interference