Modem will not reconnect to Internet automatically after reboot but manually connecting works.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem will not reconnect to Internet automatically after reboot but manually connecting works.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 16:32:00 - last edited 2023-01-29 22:00:33
Tags: #internet
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518

Hi there,

I am in Ireland and I have Sky Broadband using PPPoE that uses the old Eircom_VDSL settings. 

I am using an Archer VR600 V3 with Firmware version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220518.

The issue I have is that once a week, I like to reboot my modem, preferably during the night when no-one is using it. 

The issue I have is that it will not connect to the Internet automatically after a reboot.

The error message I get is "PPP connection failed. Please contact your Internet service provider to confirm if your line is in good condition. If the problem still exists, please contact TP-Link technical support for further help."

However, if I click the Advanced tab -> Network -> Internet and select "Connect", it connects to the Internet with no issue.

Does anyone knoe how to get the modem to connect automatically after a reboot?

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Modem will not reconnect to Internet automatically after reboot but manually connecting works.-Solution
2023-01-29 21:56:41 - last edited 2023-01-29 22:00:33

@MarkyB2u I fixed it! 

For some reason when I go to Advanced -> Network -> Internet and then the Edit button, and put in DNS records there, it doesn't seem to "fully" accept them. While it works, it seems to work like an internal access point. At least this is how I'm understanding it.

However, in Advanced -> Network -> LAN settings, my DNS addresses were set to 0.0.0.0 on both DNS primary and secondary, and this seems to be the "main connection".

For some reason, when editing the DNS addresses in  Advanced -> Network -> Internet, it seemingly resets the DNS addresses in Advanced -> Network -> LAN settings to 0.0.0.0. I now have the DNS settings the same in both settings and and this seems to have fixed it. Seemingly having the DNS addresses the same in both settings fixes it. 

This may fix it for you too. The "dynamic IP" address you mentioned is where I started researching and went through it and found the LAN settings were different and this is how I fixed it. You showed me the correct path to take when solving this. So thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Modem will not reconnect to Internet automatically after reboot but manually connecting works.
2023-01-29 06:42:02

@JoeyCTatu I have a similar issue. My service provider says to have dynamic Ip on and if the power gets cut or phone cord removed the only way to fix is via a full reset. 

I reckon TP LINK sell faulty products unfortunately. I'll be returning my AX1800 

Options
Re:Modem will not reconnect to Internet automatically after reboot but manually connecting works.-Solution
2023-01-29 21:56:41 - last edited 2023-01-29 22:00:33

@MarkyB2u I fixed it! 

For some reason when I go to Advanced -> Network -> Internet and then the Edit button, and put in DNS records there, it doesn't seem to "fully" accept them. While it works, it seems to work like an internal access point. At least this is how I'm understanding it.

However, in Advanced -> Network -> LAN settings, my DNS addresses were set to 0.0.0.0 on both DNS primary and secondary, and this seems to be the "main connection".

For some reason, when editing the DNS addresses in  Advanced -> Network -> Internet, it seemingly resets the DNS addresses in Advanced -> Network -> LAN settings to 0.0.0.0. I now have the DNS settings the same in both settings and and this seems to have fixed it. Seemingly having the DNS addresses the same in both settings fixes it. 

This may fix it for you too. The "dynamic IP" address you mentioned is where I started researching and went through it and found the LAN settings were different and this is how I fixed it. You showed me the correct path to take when solving this. So thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 2

Tags

internet