ECO Mode on Deco

ECO Mode on Deco

34 Reply
Re:ECO Mode on Deco
2023-04-20 02:06:29

@juanpablo99 

Hi, I am sorry that I haven't been informed of any roadmap yet about different models and might not be able to provide an ETA for you.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-05-14 09:07:59

@David-TP 

When can we have access to the ECO mode on Deco X50? (Mine is Version 1.20)

Thanks!

Options
2023-06-16 13:42:09

@David-TP 

I understand that Eco-mode is not currently available on Deco XE75 Pro. Probably, not sure, in the future. Is there any other option how to turn off the wifi system ? For example

1. if i switch off the power of the main Deco "router" (in the evening), do the satellites/nods broadcast wifi ? Of course they are not connected to the internet, thus useless? If I later (in the morning) turn on the power, will the mesh system work properly without any need to manually do something ?
  2. if I turn off the power for all Deco units, it dead of courde, howeever, if I turn the powerr on, will the mesh system work properly without any adjustments ?

My question is, whether schedulling the power outlet rather than the DECO Wifi is also one of the option without any harm to the Deco units.

Thanks a lot

V. 

Options
2023-06-21 06:14:45

@KodyVN Hi, welcome to the community.

Please refer to the following details:

• the same feature is also planned to be added on Deco Xe75 pro but no ETA could be guaranteed.

• if i switch off the power of the main Deco "router" (in the evening), do the satellites/nods broadcast Wi-Fi? Of course, they are not connected to the internet, thus useless. If I later (in the morning) turn on the power, will the mesh system work properly without any need to manually do something?

Satellite Deco would broadcast Wi-Fi when the main Deco is off but you are right, the Wi-Fi has no internet access. later when the main Deco is powered back, the satellite Deco will re-link to the main Deco without further configuration. And the Mesh will recover itself automatically when all the Deco units are powered back.

As for your inquiry about why the Wi-Fi schedule was chosen instead of the Power schedule,  I am not sure how the engineers made the decision. But here is what I think, Most users mentioned they wanted to reduce Wi-Fi radiation when requesting this feature. Power Schedule could do the same but Wi-Fi Schedule could do more and it guaranteed internet access for a few wired devices. The recovery time of the Wi-Fi Schedule would be faster than the time of the Power Schedule.

Before the release of ECO mode, for the users who have to turn off the Wi-Fi of Deco or power off Deco for some time, we also suggest he could get a smart plug to schedule the power outlet. Scheduling the power outlet for Deco is quite like hot plugging when Deco is operating well. It has no obvious influence in the short term but the service time would finally suffer.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-24 13:46:46

@David-TP 

dors the TP-Link Deco XE75 support the ECO mode (not in the menu ) and when will it be available if any ? 

this is my highest electronic standby consumption... 

Options
2023-06-24 13:51:26

@MarcLamey 

i could think to shutdown the wifi or 2 on 3 plugs the critical devices are connected to one ...

Options
2023-07-03 09:21:48
Eco mode is nothing but marketing fluff!! Seriously how much power am I going to save? Isn’t there more important features that should be looked at?
Options
2023-07-03 09:37:06
Well this is your perception or usage of electri consumption; Those device represent 150€ per year in Electricity so 1/4 of the price
Options
2023-07-03 10:27:16

@MarcLamey 150 pound for  a wifi router. Where is your source for that information? 

Options
2023-07-21 19:27:15

Is this feature planned for the X50 PoE? this feature would make it a clear winner versus my other options, during the day I want 4 access points online, but during the night 1 acces point in 2.4g only mode will do.

living in europe this will save me alot of power cost, especially since electricity during the day is free when my solar panels are on. but electricity at night is expensive and wasted. actually after calculating, this feature will pay for one X50PoE acces point once every 2 years

I don't need an ETA, just which to know if it is planned for the X50 PoE

Options

Tags

Highlighted Thread Official
Power Saving mode/Wi-Fi Schedule
Related Articles