TP-Link AC1750 bricked while reverting from OpenWRT to stock due to power failure.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AC1750 bricked while reverting from OpenWRT to stock due to power failure.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-16 21:04:43
Tags: #Firmware Update #Router Bricked
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi All, need your help to recover my TP-Link Archer C7 wireless router back to normal.

I recently uploaded open source firmware OpenWRT and the firmware is not so interesting hence I decided to restore the Stock image, but while the upload in progress there was a power interruption to the device and it is bricked, when I turned on the router only the power led is glowing constantly and no other lights.

I tried the tftp method by assigning 192.168.0.66 ip address to the computer and press and hold the reset button and turn on the power to the device, but when I hold the reset button the WPS light comes in and goes of after few seconds, and there is no activity on the tftp servers or router.

Please help to restore my device, thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC1750 bricked while reverting from OpenWRT to stock due to power failure.
2023-03-17 05:57:38

@Sivaprakash 

Here's the official procedure for recovering the router when bricked - method. 1

You may also take a look at this thread which explains in detail method 1.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options