Deco P9, PLC network starts failing when adding unit 5.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 15:53:00 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:18:43
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 build 20201228

The house were the P9 are used is from the 14th century and built with very thick rock walls. I chose to use a PLC based solution in order to get to all the dead areas. 

All is fine until I add unit number five.

Units start falling off the PLC network and being unavailable (totally radom) With five units added to the electrical network of the house.

Does anyone have any experince with using five or more P9 in a network with PLC as the main networking method?

thank you for your help!

RDA

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9, PLC network starts failing when adding unit 5.
2023-04-14 06:40:16

@Reinea 

Hi, can have some pictures of the current network map and signal source on each Deco P9 unit, such as:

As for the network becoming unavailable,  could you please help me check more details, like will any Deco turn flashing red or mobile devices randomly dropped out even though all Decos are solid white?

Do you set up Deco P9 in Wireless Router mode or Access Point mode?

And Is there any chance that you could wire the 5th Deco P9 to the nearest Deco P9?

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-04-24 09:38:40

@David-TP  The Deco P9 are set-up in wireless router mode. the first Deco is attached to the router from the ISP.

The Deco was initiated into the network close to the primary Deco. then moved to the desired location. Adding the fifth has created instability into the network.

I am haveing issues with upploading photo:

Here are the screenshots you asked for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7a5wsucu7retkg/Deco%20CA%20grafic%20overview.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/no1b5fn51893xcd/Deco%20CA%20line%20overview.jpg?dl=0

Options
2023-04-25 12:02:31

@Reinea I used P9 in combinaition with anything thrown at it but the kitchen sink.

My experience with P9 is that you need to be in full range of the other either with a wire, or close towards other Deco's showing in the app that is is connected as strongly as posible. (As in backhaul the red light issue, it needs to be connected either with a wire direct to your main p9 with nothing in between..)

So first create something solid then move it towards the position at that time, one at the time. (sometimes I tested for a week to see if it was stable)

I have a setup that is 500M2 (So that may take some time..)

If you move towards the next floor like shown in your setup the third floor you have to make sure something solid is grounded to cover your third.

If you expect it to take it from the second because everything was working, it probably is the guessing game that will not workout as intended. (Unstable at best most of the times)

Eventhough a P9 may show a strong wireless connection(which is good ofcourse), it must be said if the backhaul cannot run back straight towards your main (router) P9 Deco it will start to go red light(so make sure it can make that straight line as intended.

In my case I had to increase the power connection cable to make the best connection towards the other (wifi nearest, strongest link) (the original is rather short).

Anyways take care.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 3

Related Articles