Using Deco X95 as a stand-alone wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-22 08:54:04

Hi all,

I live in a 110 m2 flat and I'm looking to replace my older stand-alone router.

As my home is fairly small I don't really need a mesh.

However, as there seems to be a common understanding between all reputable manufacturers of network equipment, that stand-alone routers have to look absolute God-awful (basically designed to appeal to 14 year old gamers and/or people very fond of arachnids), I have no choice but to buy a single device from a mesh system.

The alternative would be to hide the router in a closet, but that ruins my coverage.

So, with Deco units looking nice enough to stand in the open, here comes my question:

If I use use an X95 stand-alone, will I be able to use all three WiFi bands, or is one 5 GHz band locked to always provide the wireless back-haul?

Thanks in advance.

/Andreas

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Deco X95 as a stand-alone wifi router
2023-04-22 20:02:01

@AndyKH 

If you plan to use X95 as a router, you should know that its parental controls are very easy to bypass. If you need parental controls feature, look for something other than TP-Link Deco brand. Otherwise, TP-Link Deco device is decent router with functionality that fits common household needs.

Options
Re:Using Deco X95 as a stand-alone wifi router
2023-04-23 02:59:14

@AndyKH 

Hi, here are some details for your question:

If I use use an X95 stand-alone, will I be able to use all three WiFi bands, or is one 5 GHz band locked to always provide the wireless back-haul?

One of the 5ghz bands-5GHz-2  is working exclusively as the strong backhaul.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 2

Related Articles