Powerline adaptors (TL-PA7027P) suddenly will not allow internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 08:30:39
Model: TL-PA7020 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I had to put in the wrong model in the header because it would not allow me to add the model I have!!!

I am suddenly having problems with my network adapter TL-PA7027P (AV1000), which up until this morning has been working fine. It is attached directly to my router and distributes the internet connection to my other network adapters. This morning I found that all my devices around the house could not connect to the internet and I traced it to the adapter attached to my router. I replaced it with a TL-PA411 which restored my internet, but it is not a pass-through device so it has to be plugged in via a multiplier socket to be able to power the router as well, as there is only a single power socket available.

I did a long press on the pair button of the faulty adapter to reset and re-paired. This did not fix the issue. I have another TL-PA7027P and tried to replace the faulty one with this, but that also does not now allow internet, so had to go back to the TL-PA411 as the router-attached adapter.

Does anyone know what the problem is, given it seems to have just suddenly arisen on two separate adapters, and is there any advice on how I can fix them and get them functioning again?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline adaptors (TL-PA7027P) suddenly will not allow internet
2023-05-05 10:02:41

An additional note... All the LEDs are showing correctly on both of the non-functioning adapters. Also downloaded and installed the tpPLC Utility, but it will not detect each adaptor when connected directly to the computer via an ethernet cable. Not really sure what this means.

Is it possible that both adapters have failed? Are these prone to sudden malfunctioning?

Options
Re:Powerline adaptors (TL-PA7027P) suddenly will not allow internet
2023-05-06 03:46:38

@GrahamFish 

Hi, thanks for the feedback, we will add TL-PA7027P KIT in the system.

Regarding the internet issue, when TL-PA7027P is connected to your router, another adapter (such as another 7027P or PA411) connects to wired client device, please make sure powerline LED(looks like a little house) and also Ethernet LED on both units are on. 

If powerline led is not on, please pair them again via pair button, if ethernet led is not on, please try different ethernet ports and different cable to see if it solves the problem.

By the way, you could also try to reset the powerline adapters to factory defaults again: press and hold the Pair button for 15s until all LEDs turn off and then come back on.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 2

Related Articles