Address reservation and IP binding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-24 07:05:06
Tags: #IP Binding
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.12.10 Build 230208 Rel.38553n(4555)

After switching to Archer C80, we've had quite a few bugs with our network, but one of the most frustrating one is that the router keeps assigning new dynamic IP addresses to devices. I often use a remote desktop connection to laptops in my network, but the connection keeps breaking abruptly as the IP address is suddenly changed.

In the router's settings, I've gone to the Network -> DHCP Server and added the computer's MAC address and IP as reserved. I've also gone to the Security -> IP & MAC Binding, where I've done the same for the laptop. This worked for a while, but now the router is once again changing the IP address of the laptop to a random IP every few minutes.

Also, my PS5 keeps saying LAN cable connected and LAN cable disconnected all the time.

How do I fix these issues? Can they be fixed?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Address reservation and IP binding not working
2023-05-25 03:19:29

@Mazena 

Hi, Regarding Address Reservation issue, please help to confirm the following details:

1) Is the computer connected via Ethernet cable or via WiFi? please do make sure you are using correct MAC address of corresponding network adapter

2) Did you turn on "Use random hardware addresses." on your computer? If so, please turn it off, or the computer will use random MAC address to connect the network/internet.

3) If there is still any problem, please check the DHCP client list to see if the computer MAC address with random IP address is the same as the MAC address in Address Reservation table.

4) When the IP address of your computer changes, is the computer itself still working and accessing the internet properly?

In addition, regarding the PS5 Ethernet connection issue, please check if the LAN cable works fine, try different LAN cables and also try different LAN ports on the router.

Please also confirm if any other wired client device has similar issue as the PS5, if not, it could also be possible to be the Ethernet port issue on the PS5, please connect it to your modem directly with the same LAN cable to see if it has the same issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 1

Tags

IP Binding
Related Articles