TL-MR150 LTE router keeps disconnecting after a few minutes, when downloading big files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR150 LTE router keeps disconnecting after a few minutes, when downloading big files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-27 09:26:57
Model: TL-MR150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220315 Rel.55963n

TL-MR150 disconnecting

First of all, i'm using this router everyday for my work, and my school also, so im expecting a fast response from the officials.

Now for the problem: I bought this router last years august, it's been having difficulities ever since.

1. It started with disconnecting every 24 hours. I thought it was some kind of security thing from the router, so i solved that by setting an automatic reset at an exact time i didn't use the router. Also i was downloading things i wanted on 3G network, as it was a little bit more stable than 4G, and i wasn't getting highs speeds by any means, so 3G was okay for me. I used 4G for daily activities and gaming.
  2. Then my provider removed the 3G network in my area so i had to stick with 4G for download. This is where the problems started about a month and a half ago. 

Right now, im trying to download a 30gb game from Steam, and it works perfectly fine, but then something happens and the router just disconnects from the Network. Usually this happens in 5 minutes after starting the download, then i have to manually reset it with the plug, because the reset from the GUI doesn't solve it. When it resets i can download again for a bit, and problem happens again.

The Internet and the Connection leds turn off when problem occours

I have checked the system logs and i had 3 reports which were returning everytime. These are the reports, taken right from the routers system log:

error: verbose call end reason = 2001, type = 3.

error: call end reason = 3.

error: 0x0000000e qmi_err_call_failed

I have tried some minor fixes, such as installing a different firmware, and setting up a QoS but these didn't fix the issue.

i have set the band manually to 20 as it is my providers band, and have the network mode on 4G ONLY

That's all i can think of now. Please drop some ideas, and probable working fixes. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR150 LTE router keeps disconnecting after a few minutes, when downloading big files
2023-05-29 01:46:49

@mr150__bence 

Hi, may I have screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page along with the whole system log file after the problem happens? please don't restart the router before saving them, or the log will be cleared.

By the way, may I know who your ISP is?

Please try to insert the MR150 SIM card into another 4G Router for comparison, if no other 4G router available, you could also insert it into a smartphone and enable phone hotspot, then connect the same computer to the phone hotspot and download the same big file, please monitor if internet always works fine when or after the downloading.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 1