Recent degradation in Deco performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-26 13:39:20
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello - I have 3 Deco units. I have a main one hardwired (cat5e) directly in to my router (with a 300Mbps connection). Then I have an 8-port switch (TP-link Gig switch) hardwired in to that main Deco, and 2 additional Deco's plugged in to the Switch.  

This all worked perfectly for about 5-6 months. Then on Monday June 12th, I started having issues. It presents itself when making conference calls (a main function of my job) while connected to the main Deco. I get choppy audio, but all my speedtests show 300Mbps up and down, like they always do.  Browsing seems ok, but sometimes I seem to need to click things 2 times (this is new). When I connect directly to the Wifi on my router, this all goes away.  However, I need the consistent speed on the Deco's like I used to have.  So I reset all 3 of the Decos and the issue still persists. 

Did any firmwear get pushed around that time?  I didn't make any changes, and the issue is obviously with the Deco units, as I have clear calls when I bypass the Deco. Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Recent degradation in Deco performance
2023-06-26 14:28:02

@rickjames8 

If you have router, configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

That usually takes care of most of the problems with Deco mesh performance and stability.

Also, with that setup you could wire switch to the router instead of Main Deco, and that is going to offload Main Deco. Helps when Main Deco has high CPU tilization for whatever reason.

Options
Re:Recent degradation in Deco performance
2023-06-27 18:59:27

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the response. I can try those options. However, what I don't understand is why did my network work perfectly for 5 months, and then suddenly change?  I don't really want to change configurations when I had a known working set up.

Alexandre. wrote

@rickjames8 

If you have router, configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

That usually takes care of most of the problems with Deco mesh performance and stability.

Also, with that setup you could wire switch to the router instead of Main Deco, and that is going to offload Main Deco. Helps when Main Deco has high CPU tilization for whatever reason.

Options