Connected without Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 23:18:39 - last edited 2023-07-09 23:19:40
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I tried to reset my router (unplug for a few mins) as I was experiencing a bit of buffering and slower than usual speeds which has resulted in me not being able to reconnect to WiFi...

My IP is Vodafone Fiber and I am using the VF modem router as a modem with the WiFi turned off.

I have tried to connect to my router through Tether but it asks me for a local password and then tells me it's "unable to change the username or password"... when I try to enter one.

I have hardwired connections working fine...!

The Archer AX11000 has now gone to a solid yellow light on the top... last time it did this I performed the pin hole reset and we got connected without Internet...!

I don't know how to get this resolved...?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connected without Internet
2023-07-09 23:32:28

Cancel that...

I logged out of and into the Tether App again and it alowed me in.

Went through set up and it seems to be working again...

I'm sure you'd have all helped...

Solid white light, connected to the Internet, and the Nest will provide hot water in the morning...!!!

Thanks all...

Options
2023-07-10 00:57:51

@BigA1 

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you've solved the problem.

Options
2023-07-10 07:31:35

OK... its morning and everything was fine over night...

I wake up, go downstairs and put the router back in its housing... and "poof"... Orange light...

I am still getting a decent speed through to the device but the WiFi keeps dropping out...

Firmware is UTD... all I did was to pick it up gently and move it about 12 inches...

Can't be the patch/ethernet cables as the signal would drop completely right...?

Strange one, and one I seem to need support for...

Options
2023-07-11 07:13:32

@BigA1 

Hi, you mean connecting a computer to your modem works fine but connecting to the router doesn't work no matter it is via wired or wireless connection, is that correct?

Please connect the computer to your modem again to ensure internet still works fine from the modem, then connect the same computer to LAN port of the Archer AX10000, login the web interface of the router: How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link wireless router?

Then go to Advanced->Network->Internet->MAC Clone->Select "Use Current Device MAC" and Save it.

After that, please check if the problem can be resolved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 4

Related Articles