Many people are reporting Deco Mesh wifi issues as of recent. What are TP-Link doing about this?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Many people are reporting Deco Mesh wifi issues as of recent. What are TP-Link doing about this?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-20 13:26:18 - last edited 2023-07-21 09:58:04
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20220113 Rel. 42007

Many people are wifi dropouts/issues the last few days, including myself.
Either some devices not connecting, E.G my Oneplus 6 drops, the connects, then drops.
Slower speeds sometimes.

I've spent 5 hours today troubleshooting and speaking to TP-Link live chat, to no avail.
I've reset the Deco 3 times and set it up as new.
Sometimes I got the perfect 'back to normal' speeds/conenctivity, but now it's not looking good.

Been fine the past year with them set as AP...

ISP Router>Archer Modem/router>Deco S4 AP...

What are TP-link doing about these issues as of recent?

Are they aware of said issues?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Many people are reporting Deco Mesh wifi issues as of recent. What are TP-Link doing about this?
2023-07-21 09:56:12

Hi @Cozzie123 

Are you saying these wifi issues coming along with a recent firmware upgrade or are there any changes that you've made to the network? As far as I can confirm, Deco S4 hasn't released a new version of firmware recently, and the latest one could be published on 2022-02-07, so it's hardly a firmware issue I guess.

I just found out that you have already contacted our email support also and have an open ticket, we would like to follow up on this case via email and will help solve it as soon as we can.

Options
Re:Many people are reporting Deco Mesh wifi issues as of recent. What are TP-Link doing about this?
2023-07-21 10:20:02

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Kevin, thanks for reaching out.

On Tuesday, I performed a firmware update with my TP-Link AX1800 (Archer AX20), and ever since then, I've been experiencing slow speeds and Wi-Fi problems.
Initially, I thought I had also updated the Deco S4's, but it seems that's not the case.

To clarify, the only change I made was updating the Archer AX20 firmware via my Desktop; everything else remains the same.
I contacted Virgin Media, and they don't report any Wi-Fi issues on their end, leaving me puzzled.

Currently, I'm in touch with email support yes, but their suggestions seem...questionable...albeit troubleshooting steps.
They recommended disabling fast roam (which is already off), as well as beamforming and using the 'Guest network.'
However, I doubt these suggestions will resolve the underlying problem, especially since my phone is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi!

If you have any ideas or insights on how to troubleshoot this situation further, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Options
2023-07-21 11:00:29

@Cozzie123 

I see. Thank you very much for your detailed explanation and I now understand the situation.

The latest firmware for AX20 V3 added the support for EasyMesh and a lot of new features, please check and ensure the EasyMesh is disabled on it. You can find EasyMesh settings under Advanced > EasyMesh page. After that, please reboot AX20 and the 2 Deco S4 to check the connectivity once again.

BTW, will the Deco S4 turn red when some devices lose the connection? This may help confirm whether the issue is actually caused by the AX20 but not the S4. If it is the AX20 that generates an issue, please go through the suggestions in this thread to see if any will help.

Options
2023-07-21 12:23:18 - last edited 2023-07-21 12:26:52

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

Firmware Version:

1.1.4 Build 20230219 rel.69802(4555)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX20 v3.0

I turned off EasyMesh (unsure if I enabled it the other day or it auto-enabled itself), and rebooted Archer and Deco's.
thought it had fixed my issue, and speeds were back to normal/connectivity.
But alas my OnePlus 6 phone is still saying "No Internet" and slowish speeds.

Brothers Samsung phone is connected but slow wifi speeds. 
Stood downstairs where he got 16 down and 6 up.
Yet the 4K Firestick has download speeds of 250 now...also downstairs.

These are my 2 connected Decos (and a 3rd one wireless upstairs).
It looks a mess but it's the exact setup that's worked for the last year!
And this is the message message on my phone.

I also reinstalled the Deco app but to no prevail did that fix anything.

I just chcked via a Mac Laptop the Ethernet connected speeds to the 2 ethernet connected Deco's and the Archer router and got full speeds!
Something is going on wirelessly?

To answer your last question: No Deco's turn red when some devices lose connection.
I have the same Primary/Secondary DNS from that link you send (although mine are swapped).

Thanks

Options
2023-07-24 05:49:50

@Cozzie123 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Our support agent has already escalated this case to the support engineers, who will investigate it further and help provide a solution. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1182

Replies: 5

Related Articles