Ethernet Backhaul

Ethernet Backhaul

Ethernet Backhaul
Ethernet Backhaul
2023-08-04 16:58:33

Hello!,

I bought a 3 pack Mercusys H50G and would like to set up the mesh using ethernet backhaul. My problem is eventhough the node is connected via LAN app shoes that node is connected to the main via wifi. Can someone please help me in setting this up.

PS: I have it set up as

ISP Modem -> H50G -> Switch -> H50G (node).

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul
2023-08-07 09:26:15

@LudsuC 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of the network switch?

Could you please help me run a simple test:

ISP Modem -> H50G -> an Ethernet cable directly without switch -> H50G (node).

Are you able to get Ethernet Backhaul on the APP?

By the way, may I know the current firmware version on Mercusys H50G?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-18 17:46:24

Check if there are firmware updates available for your Mercusys H50G devices. If there are updates, apply them to ensure you have the latest features and bug fixes. After making changes, reboot the main router and mesh nodes. This can help apply the settings and establish a stable connection Check the router's web interface to confirm that the mesh node is connected via Ethernet. It should not show a Wi-Fi connection for the node.

Options
2024-01-23 06:37:53

@LudsuC 

To set up your Mercusys H50G mesh with ethernet backhaul, make sure the nodes are connected via Ethernet cables. In your current setup, it seems like the node is still connecting to the main via Wi-Fi. Double-check the Ethernet connections, and ensure that the node is directly connected to the switch via LAN. If the issue persists, consider checking the settings on the Mercusys app for any configuration related to the backhaul connection. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 903

Replies: 3

Related Articles