Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point
Access point
2023-08-05 10:00:08 - last edited 2023-08-08 01:05:25
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a Plusnet Hub2 router and tp-link RE range extender that I wanted to use as a range extender. However, in that mode it sets up a separate network, which I didn't want. I changed the SSID to the same as the router, but then there is no Internet when beyond the range of the router. Is there a way around this without buying a OneMesh router?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access point-Solution
2023-08-05 13:36:47 - last edited 2023-08-08 01:05:25

@Steart 

Hi, 

I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

I suggest you reset the RE700X again, either via the recessed small Reset button or via the "Factory Restore" option in the configuration GUI and then setup the RE700X again.

Download and open the "User Guide" for the RE700X from the link below and follow the steps in the section titled "Use Your Extender as an Access Point". 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/re700x/

When you are at the step "Wireless Settings" overwrite the shown default entries for SSIDs and Passwords with the exact same SSIDs and Passwords that are used for the Wi-Fi of your Plusnet Hub2 router.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Access point
2023-08-05 10:01:29
Sorry, it's a RE700X range extender that i wanted to use as an access point.
Options
Re:Access point-Solution
2023-08-05 13:36:47 - last edited 2023-08-08 01:05:25

@Steart 

Hi, 

I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

I suggest you reset the RE700X again, either via the recessed small Reset button or via the "Factory Restore" option in the configuration GUI and then setup the RE700X again.

Download and open the "User Guide" for the RE700X from the link below and follow the steps in the section titled "Use Your Extender as an Access Point". 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/re700x/

When you are at the step "Wireless Settings" overwrite the shown default entries for SSIDs and Passwords with the exact same SSIDs and Passwords that are used for the Wi-Fi of your Plusnet Hub2 router.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 2

Related Articles