TL-PA7010 KIT kills entire internet connection in my house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 21:02:27
Tags: #Powerline
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.2.4
Hello everyone,

I have been using TP-Link TL-PA7010 KIT PowerLine for four years now, as my PC does not have a Wi-Fi module and my router (FastGate) is at some bearing wall from my PC in a different room. Recently, I downloaded a game from Steam, and while downloading it I noticed that the connection was always dropping. Whenever I download at a speed of 4MBps, the FastGate turns red and the whole connection in my house is dropped. After a few seconds, the connection is restored. I tried downloading the same file from a laptop connected to the Wi-Fi network and it doesn't give me any problems.

By doing some tests, I connected the laptop to the PowerLine and downloaded the same file, noticing that the error reappeared. Also I tried to do a speedtest by connecting the laptop directly to the modem, and this gave me no issues at all.
Having understood that perhaps it is a problem with the PowerLine or with the modem, I disconnected everything, resetted to factory both modem and PowerLine and everything seemed to work correctly ... until this morning when I downloaded the new video card drivers and the problem reappeared, dropping down the whole house connection.

The problem also appears when I do a speedtest; when I surf "normally" Internet (YouTube etc) there is no slowdown or even disconnection. 

Maybe it is something about interference, but in those four years, I have never experienced something like that. Plus, I have not connected new devices in my home (I have heard that some devices may interfer).

Looking forward for your help.

Sincerely,
VS
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA7010 KIT kills entire internet connection in my house
2023-08-21 02:35:24

@VitoSc 

Hi, since the TL-PA7010 adapter connects to your router via Ethernet cable, could you please connect the laptop to your router via Ethernet cable as well to test if there is any similar issue. It seems that your previous tests were via Wi-Fi to the router.

Options
Re:TL-PA7010 KIT kills entire internet connection in my house
2023-08-21 22:01:22 - last edited 2023-08-21 22:03:09

@Sunshine As I wrote, the connection via eth directly to the router gives no issues, as well as Wi-Fi connection. I also have tried to download the same file by connecting directly to the router with an ethernet cable, and that worked. So, the main problem is the powerline, whenever I download something from it (laptop or desktop pc), the whole connection crashes.

I now wonder why this happens. I do not have nothing new connected to the wall socket.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 2

Tags

Powerline
Related Articles