Poor internet connection from my TP-Link Archer C20 router in my i7 processor laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Poor internet connection from my TP-Link Archer C20 router in my i7 processor laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-17 10:02:02
Tags: #Archer C20
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I am facing a poor internet connection issue from my TP-Link Archer C20 router in my i7 processor laptop. I have searched online for solutions, but I have not found anything that works. Here are some of the solutions I have found online, but they did not work for me:

Restarting the router: I have tried restarting the router, but it did not solve the issue.

Updating the router firmware: I have updated the router firmware to the latest version, but it did not work.

Changing the wireless channel: I have tried changing the wireless channel, but it did not help.

I have found some additional information that may be helpful:

Some users have reported that Archer C20 is not connecting automatically to the internet. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet to see if it works for you.

Some users have reported slow wifi speed on TP Link Archer C20 V5 . You can try connecting your laptop to the router using an ethernet cable to see if it improves the internet speed. Some users have reported slow wifi speed on laptops but fast on other devices. You can try using a different wifi adapter or updating the wifi adapter driver to see if it improves the internet speed.

Some users have reported no internet connection issue on AC750 Archer C20. You can try contacting your ISP to see if there is any issue with the internet connection.

Some users have reported connection drop issue related potentially to all Archer routers. You can try using a different router or repeater to see if it solves the issue. Based on the information above, it seems that the issue may be related to the router or the internet connection rather than your laptop's hardware. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet or connecting your laptop to the router using an ethernet cable to see if it improves the internet speed. If not, you may want to consider contacting your ISP or using a different router or repeater. I hope this information helps. Let us know if you find a solution that works for you.

Thnak you in Advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Poor internet connection from my TP-Link Archer C20 router in my i7 processor laptop
2023-08-18 04:44:48 - last edited 2023-08-18 04:45:12

@melissahankins 

Hi, by "poor internet connection issue" do you mean slow internet speed? If so, is your i7 processor laptop connected to Archer C20 via Ethernet cable, 2.4G WiFi or 5G WiFi?

What is the specific speedtest results? For comparison, please also provide speedtest results on other client devices.

In addition, what is the current firmware version of your Archer C20 V4?

Options