Virgin Media Gig1 Fibre Broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 14:35:24

Hi i am thinking about changing to Virgin Media Gig1 Fibre Broadband. Is there a Deco whole Wifi system that will boost the signal around my house. It is a two storey four bedroom detached house with a garden room that needs Wifi about 20 ft from the back of the house. I currently have M4 decos with my BT broadband but obviousley they won't work with the higher speeds.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Virgin Media Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2023-09-06 11:00:04

@Pip60 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Considering the 1G fiber bandwidth, you might have a look at our Wi-Fi 6 models, like Deco X50/X55:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/?filterby=6271%7C6093%7C5730

Since different Decos are compatible with each other, and 20ft is not so far away from the main house, you could leave Deco M4 connected as the satellite Deco in the garden room to your future new mesh Deco.

Some precautions for a Deco mixed network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-06 11:26:27

@David-TP Thanks for the reply How many of these would you recomend i use in the house as i have 4 M4s indoors. Also how easy would it be to connect to the Virgin Media Gig1 fibre broadband.

Thanks Phil

Options
2023-09-07 08:07:56

@Pip60 

Hi,

the basic configuration of the new Deco with Virgin Media Gig1 fibre broadband should be quite similar to what you used to set up Deco M4 with BT broadband.  If they both use a Dynamic IP internet connection, Deco M4 could even be plug-and-play, without a factory reset.

As for how many Deco units you need, do you tend to replace all the indoor M4s? If not, a 2-pack Wi-Fi 6 would be fine and Deco M4 could still be installed in certain rooms.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 3

Related Articles